• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Behringer X Touch w/ Adobe Audition

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey what's going on y'all? I just bought a Behringer X Touch in hopes that I could control Adobe Audition with it. I have the Behringer X Touch plugged into the power outlet as well as the usb port. I literally don't know what to do at this point. I played around in the control surface section of the settings for a second to no avail. I tried to select a few things but I was unable to figure out how to get anything to work. So basically I need help. I looked through the forum and nobody seems to have explained this properly. Can anybody help out?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Hey everybody I have figured it out. So I will explain to you how to do this.

Make sure Adobe Audition is not open.

Turn off X TOUCH

Hold Select button on channel 1 and turn the power on.

Make sure underneath channel 1 mc is selected and channel 2 usb selected.

Press select again to close.

Open Adobe Audition.

Open Preferences.

Go To Control Surface.

Add Mackie

Click on Settings.

Add Mackie Control.

Make sure than Midi In AND Out are set to X TOUCH.

ENJOY.

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From a quick look at the Behringer spec, you should be able t get the two to work together.  The X-Touch has a setting to emulate the Mackie MCU--and Audition is designed to support the Macke protocol.  Therefore, the first thing I'd try is to set your X-Touch to its Mackie setting--and then do the same in Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have most definitely tried this. To no avail. I have also upgraded to the latest firmware for my X TOUCH. I have the latest version of Adobe Audition as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also there is no way to open up X TOUCH settings or control panel. Apparently Behringer only made an application to support the compact and the mini and not the full size..... What is wrong with you @behringer ? I need to be able to connect the X TOUCH to Adobe Audition or I wasted 450 bucks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody I have figured it out. So I will explain to you how to do this.

Make sure Adobe Audition is not open.

Turn off X TOUCH

Hold Select button on channel 1 and turn the power on.

Make sure underneath channel 1 mc is selected and channel 2 usb selected.

Press select again to close.

Open Adobe Audition.

Open Preferences.

Go To Control Surface.

Add Mackie

Click on Settings.

Add Mackie Control.

Make sure than Midi In AND Out are set to X TOUCH.

ENJOY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Sir. Care to share how far compatibility goes with these two products? Are you able to control Track EQ with efficiency via the Mackie protocol? It's implementation with Behringer BCF2000 is quite cumbersome to use. Are you able to control the Track Panner in a 5.1 project? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a lot of facilities on the X-Touch controller that only work fully with Behringer's X32 and X Air mixers. Mackie Control protocol is quite limited compared to those. So I doubt very much that Track EQ and Surround Panner can be controlled from an X-Touch since I don't believe that such features are part of the MC protocol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you ryclark for responding. For the Surround Panner I'm not surprised. But the Track EQ can indeed be controlled via the Mackie Control protocol, but the way it's implemented is cumbersome and quite difficult to use in an actual mixing session. By any chance do you know of any documentation on the Mackie Control MIDI implementation of Audition? I'm looking to modify the behavior of my BCF2000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines