Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Behringer X32 Multitrack Recording

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We are a church in SD. Currently we are using a Behringer X32 rack mixer for FOH sound. I'd like to multitrack record our live services and events using Audition on our mac mini. We have the latest version of Audition installed on the mac. How do I set this up? Ive been having some trouble with it. My computer sees the mixer as X_UF. When I go to add tracks to the session, I can add all 32 channels, but I dont get a signal to record. Is there something I'm missing or doing incorrectly?

We'd like to record while we are live, so switching the mixer to a virtual DAW mode isnt an option. During the week, we would like to switch to DAW mode and play back the recordings for virtual soundcheck and band rehearsals and such.

Thanks,

Noah

TOPICS
Audio hardware , How to , Playback , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't tell you about Macs, but as far as Audition is concerned, for each track you have to allocate a specific input and then record-enable the track. You won't be able to record anything until you've done that.

Select input source.JPG

If this is successful, then the R record-enable button will turn red if you select it. Then hit Record on the transport and all the tracks set to record, with a valid input, will record at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello SteveG:

I have a similar issue on Windows 10 Home, Audition ans X32 USB Card.  Just like in your image, I only see 2 channels whene there should be 32.  I can hook up the X32 to my MacBook and all 32 channels show up no problem.  How xan I get all 32 channels to show up?

Cheers,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved my own problem:  after installing the X32 USB Driver, ASIO showed up in Device Class and I was able to then select all 32 Inputs.

ChrisMDu_0-1613834283515.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines