Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beta Testing #VoCo

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

After seeing the demo of the new #VoCo project, I'm quite interested in becoming a beta tester. I'm a Creative Cloud user, and I do freelance editing, mixing, composing and sound design work for major market public radio and podcast companies (New York Times, Gimlet, WNYC Studios). The VoCo tool looks like it could be a game-changer in the world of dialog editing, and I'm intrigued to learn more ASAP!

Many thanks,

David Herman

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Yep, they did.  I sent David an e-mail.

For the record, as awesome as the VoCo demo was, it's still a research prototype and has not yet been planned for release in any product.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the case of lyrebird it seems that the reason is to impose greater control over the userbase? - for ethical reasons it looks like:

https://lyrebird.ai/ethics/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dhermanq or David Herman,

when I heard about the Adobe Voco Project yesterday in television in Germany, I've been amazed about the possibilities of the software. I'm interested myself, of course, in participating in a Beta Testing of the upcoming software. I am a self employed web designer and software developer from Berlin, Germany.

Could you send me any kind of contact details to the Adobe Developer Team of the Voco Software, to be enabled to participate in the ongoing process of the development?

My email [email address removed by moderator - please don't post personal information on a public forum]

Thanks in advance.

Ronald Kohls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second that feeling and would love to try it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very interested is beta testing VoCo as well. I produce audio books full time and this product would be a very big help to us. Some of our readers have read 10 books and more making my current audio samples for some of my talent well over 30 hours of finished audio. I assume this will be added to Audition which I use most of the day every day producing audio books. When you get ready to test please let me know. I would be very happy to help move this product forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be very interested in testing this software as well!  Please feel free to use me for beta testing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm quite interested of to try voco in our work.

I work with Audio Description in Sweden. Not only liveAD, but also recorded for movie, theatre and television. I think voco could be interesting for us and the visually impaired people that listen to what we done and do.

Who can I contact to hear if it could be interesting to do a test, also in Swedish? Or is it only working with english and german languages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to what Durin said above, apparently it's a research prototype in a very early stage of development, so there is no platform for it to run on, and there may not be for some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been looking for a tool like Voco since I began running my blog 4 years ago. I am part of the Mass Effect Community, and I impersonate one of the Characters, Garrus Vakarian. I always had ideas of replying to fans using Garrus's voice, however turians in game have Subvocals (a lower tone buzz in the back of their voice) which are very difficult to replicate correctly. With Voco I would be able to Vastly improve my ability to facilitate representing the character. I think it would be an interesting way to test the abilities of Voco to alter non-human voices, and see how well it can replicate Garrus's voice from the games.

I would absolutely love to be part of some kind of early pre-beta program with Voco, sending usage data about what i create to better fine tune it, should the program move to a more commercial or testing phase as it is in prototype phase right now. I would love to assist in it's development through all the content I could Generate.

While it obviously may be some time before some kind of beta is released, I would just like to state my very strong interest in the product, and should any of the developers be looking for testers, I would be first in line.

Beta Testing #VoCo​

@ the developers - on the off chance you read this and do take me up on my offer, contact me on my blog at Garrusvakarian2153.tumblr.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for a video training company that produces hundreds of hours of narrated video per year. It would be great to be able to get into the VoCo beta program to test out how we could use it to increase our productivity. Especially when we only need to fix a sentence or two of narration without needing to go back the narrator and incur the time and cost involved with that. I'm already an active member of other beta programs and am able to provide my feedback on the development and bugs.

I'm excited to see how this tool develops and I hope I can be an active part of that development.

The 3D Professor

[email address removed by moderator - please don't post personal information on a public forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an Indie Video Game Developer I am drooling for the Adobe VoCo I mean think about it, doing the necessary recordings one time and then using a program like Pro Tools to change the pitch and add effects instead of having to record the all the lines individualy think about the time an funds that would save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vi6ddarkking wrote:

then using a program like Pro Tools to change the pitch and add effects

No, no, no, no. This is the Audition Forum. Please use Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If any of the developers need someone to test it, I'm a radio guy who has lost his voice. I have hours and hours of recorded news that could easily be dumped into an audio system for something like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jamied33796665 wrote:

If any of the developers need someone to test it, I'm a radio guy who has lost his voice. I have hours and hours of recorded news that could easily be dumped into an audio system for something like this.

There appears to be a queue around the block!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Project VoCo (or whatever it will be called in its release) is nothing short of amazing.  I was blown away by the demo.

Please add me to that queue of beta testers when it's ready!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really like the concept and I will be using it as soon as it becomes available. Just in case it reaches commercial stage, I would like to start creating voice banks (20-30 minutes recordings) and I would appreciate if an Adobe staff member would let us know the characteristics of the recordings. By that I mean, microphone settings, file format and any other technical characteristics.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create educational videos for classroom use and testing use.  I am extremely interested in using Project Voco to help customize exams for special education students that require auditory accommodations.  I have used some  of the current text to speech software but the vocal quality prevents a wide range of students from accessing the information since the voices often sound mechanical or distorted.  If anyone knows how i could get in contact to become a beta tester, that would be great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm finishing a talk about AI and the future of design tools where I will be mentioning VoCo, among with other tech. I will be giving the talk at WAQ17 in a few months. I would love to exchange with someone from the VoCo team to ask some questions. And also, if possible, get to test the software myself. Let me know if that is possible!

Thanks,

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be very interested in being on the beta test team for this application. I hold a Doctorate in Studio Production and am a senior university lecturer here in New Zealand and as such, I research all manner of audio and video production tools. Would very much like to be involved with this in any ways possible. Thanks.

--john

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I saw a video about adobe VoCo. It just amaze me. What a technology it is! At last we may have find a way to manipulate our voice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see many uses for something like this, having a realistic sounding technical support person, having an online news persona, a personal assistant with a specific voice. The issues are also something that they mentioned they are 'working on' from a security stand point, there would have to be an easy way to detect a synthetic version vs a real version.  The possibilities of gaming would be interesting, as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also would love beta testing VoCo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please send me the appropriate contact information for who I should contact about a company possibly beta testing VoCo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

miron_420  wrote

Could you please send me the appropriate contact information for who I should contact about a company possibly beta testing VoCo?

Please note what Durin said above - "Thanks again for the interest, and if and when we have something available to test, we'll get the word out." Especially the bit I bolded...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to have a transcript of the text required to be recorded. This way, I could take care of recording the input audio for future use ( if and when this comes out ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody has any idea what will be needed since this is only an experimental concept so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines