Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beta Testing #VoCo

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

After seeing the demo of the new #VoCo project, I'm quite interested in becoming a beta tester. I'm a Creative Cloud user, and I do freelance editing, mixing, composing and sound design work for major market public radio and podcast companies (New York Times, Gimlet, WNYC Studios). The VoCo tool looks like it could be a game-changer in the world of dialog editing, and I'm intrigued to learn more ASAP!

Many thanks,

David Herman

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Yep, they did.  I sent David an e-mail.

For the record, as awesome as the VoCo demo was, it's still a research prototype and has not yet been planned for release in any product.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the demo I think they said about 20 minutes of any talking was needed. And 40 minutes min at least was ideal? Grab your War and Peace and start recording yourself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Topic: I want to provide feedback to developers on a beta version of VoCo!

I just want to add my name that I wish very much to try a beta for VoCo.  I produce video and podcasts, and often am in a situation where I need to have a single word or two words replaced with a word that better matches the rhythm, energy, & tone of the edit.  (I don't have enough words to describe this, but realize a good linguist knows what I'm talking about.)

My impressions of the product, even though RadioLab has done some extensive testing to see how difficult it would be to recreate a whole political speach, say, are that we are still a far way off from AI being able to create realistic language.  There is a TON of linguistic mapping that has not yet been done to map the musical dance and flow of speech patterns.  But of course it is only a matter of time until we arrive there.

In the meantime, I am very interested in beta testing this software for exactly what it it meant for at the moment, which is replacing a single word here and there.  It would be especially helpful if this software could isolate EVERY instance of a word in a 1-hour interview, and so you would then know if you had a word with the appropriate rhythm/energy, tone to replace the one you are looking at to make a particular edit.  I would be very happy to provide feedback directly to the developers.

Also, I believe that mapping the rhythm and song of dialogue is where this needs to go before it becomes the truely magical tool that we need in post production.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chris84287881  wrote

In the meantime, I am very interested in beta testing this software for exactly what it it meant for at the moment, which is replacing a single word here and there.  It would be especially helpful if this software could isolate EVERY instance of a word in a 1-hour interview, and so you would then know if you had a word with the appropriate rhythm/energy, tone to replace the one you are looking at to make a particular edit.  I would be very happy to provide feedback directly to the developers.

It's not software. It's not a product, so there's nothing to beta test. It's an experimental research concept, and that's all. If there was anything to test, the chances are that there would be an announcement somewhere, and there hasn't been. This has been the case for the last year or so, so please don't try to hold your breath waiting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Can I beta test too? It sounds like all these people are doing it!

Just joking.

Can you imagine a world where an AI can literally change what's being said real time? I've thought about this for a long time. Even before I learned about VoCo. An AI would be able to change media through hundreds of man-hours worth of editing pixel by pixel or down to the exact frequency in just the time it takes to process (which could be seconds.) It could air a doctored version of a news broadcaster real time overtop of what he or she is actually saying. And there's no way that it wouldn't be able to replicate some type of watermark or code of authenticity.

Just saying. It's scary stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm also interested to be a beta tester of Voco.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Adobe Max 2016 it's been 1 year now and you can't see and hear about the product from Adobe, I think it was a fake, just so much to show that you think this product really exists.

Too bad, I would have expected a running report from Adobe at least, but if the product doesn't exist, you can wait a long time for some information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work at the intersection of  science education, special education and school performing arts.
I would love to look at this for physics, harmonic analysis, assistive technology and performance.
I would love to be part of the testing process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey Durin...I'm also super interested in the voco project and I'd like to have the demo version I have the creative cloud app...I wont be using it in any serious way...just for me..

thanks for understanding me

Ali Hnaineh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not wishing to resurrect this topic (since I think everything that needs to be said about the VoCo "project" has been said very eloquently by SteveG and others, including Adobe staff) but this article gives an excellent indication of why a similar technology in the video realm is proving problematic, to say the least!

And yes, there is a reference later in the article to audio and Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

emmrecs  wrote

And yes, there is a reference later in the article to audio and Adobe.

I don't think that the significance of all of this has escaped Adobe's legal department in the slightest.

I will say one more thing that I've implied before, but I'll perhaps be a bit more specific about it; If anything I've said hasn't actually been pretty much on the money as far as Adobe's reaction to this concerned, I'm pretty sure that I would have heard about it personally - there's a good communication channel for that. And I have not heard a thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought this could be my way into YouTube. I'm pretty shy, and very self conscious. But this could help me add narration to my YouTube videos without feeling anxious that someone is listening to me record audio. I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for Betas or other versions of this software, if Adobe decides to release it in some form.

*fingers crossed*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at the rest of the content in this thread, and for the length of time it's been going on, it might help you to realise that keeping your fingers crossed is likely to be a futile exercise. Also, I don't see how VoCo, as proposed, would actually help you achieve what you want anyway - that isn't anything like its proposed use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So many people are waiting for this software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

inyazserg  wrote

So many people are waiting for this software.

And they will get nothing, I'm afraid. When you look at what it could potentially do, and the amount of misrepresentation it could cause, it's fairly easy to see why no corporation the size of Adobe, especially with their current legal issues, would ever release it. And I think that most people have realised that by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines