• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BUG: Sending Media into Audition from Premiere Throws Two Identical Errors (Entry Point Not Found)

Engaged ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sending media into Audition from Premiere Pro 2020 (right clicking on a clip in the sequence and hitting Edit In Adobe Audition) throws two identical error messages:

Annotation 2020-01-15 114006.png

Only started happening once updated to version 13.0.2.35. Windows 10, fully up to date as of 1/15/2020

Please sound off in the comments if you're having the same issue

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

This should be resolved by updating Premiere Pro to 14.0.1 which went live last night.

The reason why this didn't show up in beta testing is that Au 13.0.2 and Pr 14.0.1 are from the same point in time, and Pr shipped later than Au. It did uncover an underlying issue that we'll still fix in Au, likely for Au 13.0.3 so this shouldn't happen if you're on an older version of Pr and a newer version of Au (or vice versa)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just run the whole round trip without any issues at all on an up-to-date W10 laptop - did exactly the same as you did. The only thing I can suggest, as it appears to be a .dll issue is that you uninstall and reinstall Premiere - it's a Premiere .dll that appears to be malfunctioning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-installed both. Tried installing Au before Pr. Cleared preferences too. Same error. Errors twice for every clip I try to import

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll see if I can point one of the devs at the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up.  Shared the post and screenshot with the QE team and will follow up ASAP.  Haven't seen this error come up before.  For now, you may be able to roll Audition back to 13.0.1 until we've figured it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem here. Same error dialog. Started happening right after updating to Audition 13.0.2 today.

Running Adobe CC on Windows 10 machine.

Premier Pro 14.0

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820X CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1201, 7/18/2019
SMBIOS Version 3.0
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product WS X299 PRO_SE
BaseBoard Version Rev 1.xx
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.387"
User Name KTVN\KentA
Time Zone Pacific Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 128 GB
Total Physical Memory 128 GB
Available Physical Memory 120 GB
Total Virtual Memory 147 GB
Available Virtual Memory 133 GB
GPU EVGA NVidia GTX 1080 Ti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @_durin_ mentioned, we're looking into this. I haven't tried it yet, but you might try renaming dvasystemcompatibilityreport.dll to something else (it lives in the Premiere Pro folder). However, I don't know if PPRo will launch without it, it shouldn't be required. I'll try a few scenarios on my Windows machine in a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. Let us know if it works.

It was a small incremental update (XX.0.2 from .0.1). Can't be that much code for Adobe to check.

I'm surprised this didn't appear in beta testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This should be resolved by updating Premiere Pro to 14.0.1 which went live last night.

The reason why this didn't show up in beta testing is that Au 13.0.2 and Pr 14.0.1 are from the same point in time, and Pr shipped later than Au. It did uncover an underlying issue that we'll still fix in Au, likely for Au 13.0.3 so this shouldn't happen if you're on an older version of Pr and a newer version of Au (or vice versa)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines