• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Adobe Audition convert a song into its notes

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like to create covers of pre-made songs but have always had trouble learning music by ear. Some songs don't have available sheet music so if i want to cover it i need to learn it, but to do that i need to know the notes. Does audition have some kind feature that can do this or me, it would save a lot of time. If not does anyone know a software that will that doesn't cost £100+

I have tried to base the knowledge using the automatic pitch correction feature, but it is difficult.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

No Audition doesn't do this I'm afraid. I doubt that you will find any software that does for the sort of price that you are looking for. It is a very difficult computational process to split up an already mixed music file into it's component parts and identify the notes. Something like Band-in-a-Box has some facilities for deriving chord progressions from an audio file but I don't know how accurate it can be. Another program is Celemony's Melodyne, but that is really intended more for pitch cor

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No Audition doesn't do this I'm afraid. I doubt that you will find any software that does for the sort of price that you are looking for. It is a very difficult computational process to split up an already mixed music file into it's component parts and identify the notes. Something like Band-in-a-Box has some facilities for deriving chord progressions from an audio file but I don't know how accurate it can be. Another program is Celemony's Melodyne, but that is really intended more for pitch correction and you need the much more expensive version if you want to try to work with polyphonic audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines