• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can audition cc use windows DirectShow or ACM codec?

Enthusiast ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

can audition cc use DirectShow or ACM ?

for example Directshow Filters for Ogg Vorbis https://xiph.org/dshow/

i'm running w10 pro 64bit

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

No, Audition doesn't yet support Opus. With modern versions of macOS it provides Opus support for Audition but I know that doesn't help you on Win 10. Please request Opus support here: Wishform - Adobe Audition

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition only supports it's built in codecs as well as any that libsndfile may add. Audition already has Ogg support built in and ACPM..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition doesn't use ACM directly (it is really really old) but will use some DirectShow stuff for old video files.  Audition instead will use the "Media Foundation" API which is the successor of ACM and DirectShow. Sometimes ACM and DS stuff tunnels through that interface, sometimes not.

But for Ogg Vorbis, that's built-in through libsndfile's API as ryclark​ mentions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Charles+VW 

Audition doesn't use ACM directly (it is really really old) but will use some DirectShow stuff for old video files.  Audition instead will use the "Media Foundation" API which is the successor of ACM and DirectShow. Sometimes ACM and DS stuff tunnels through that interface, sometimes not.

But for Ogg Vorbis, that's built-in through libsndfile's API as ryclark  mentions.

hi

i wanted to say opus and not ogg vorbis

sorry , audition doesn't support it

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Audition doesn't yet support Opus. With modern versions of macOS it provides Opus support for Audition but I know that doesn't help you on Win 10. Please request Opus support here: Wishform - Adobe Audition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

i own a imac with sierra , i don't want to upgrade to high sierra just because many users told me it's much better sierra and stable

but i can not find opus under sierra ,is present only on high sierra?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I believe only on macOS 10.13 and later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who uses Media Foundation? Everybody use DirectShow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wishform doesn't exist: Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines