• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use these Sound Effects for free?

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can download some sound effects from this website. Adobe Audition Sound Effects  Is it provided for free? Can I use these in my videos?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, subject to the EULA statement on the right of that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I can understand the question.  If you follow the link to the EULAs you get a complex page listing all the various Audition software items separately but with no mention (at least that I can see) of the Sound Effects (or the Loopology music loops for that matter).

However, I can confirm that it's my understanding that the sound effects are available for use in your projects completely royalty free.

As an FYI a site I find very useful for sound effects is Freesound.  Freesound.org - Freesound.org   You have to sign up but it's free and they don't spam you or anything.   You'll even find some of my effects on there, recorded and edited in Audition!  Some of the effects include a request that you credit them at the end of your video but that's a minority.

Lastly, if you are willing to pay a small amount, Sounddogs  Sound Effects Downloads | Sounddogs.com  has the most complete library I know and you pay a relatively small one-off purchase fee with no complicated royaties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, just for anybody worried that they might be missing something...

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Bob+Howes  wrote

Actually I can understand the question.  If you follow the link to the EULAs you get a complex page listing all the various Audition software items separately but with no mention (at least that I can see) of the Sound Effects (or the Loopology music loops for that matter).

It's covered by an item called Content Files. If you scroll down to page 99/471 of the CC EULA, you'll find it. That's a pain, so I've snipped it, and here it is:

EULA content.JPG

This is essentially the same as on the front page of the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an official adobe contact (email address / phone number) that I can get an official response from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of a specific phone number for queries like this--you could try your local customer service number but I suspect the question might not be their specialty.

However, re-reading the EULA, it seems clear that the effects (and loopology music) are free to use in any project.  The only restriction is re-selling them as raw sound effects rather than as part of a production.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DaeV  wrote

Is there an official adobe contact (email address / phone number) that I can get an official response from?

I would NOT trust anything told to you by an Adobe employee on the phone chat-lines. We have had pretty much nothing but trouble with people using that route for anything, as a search of posts here will reveal.

The statement above is crystal-clear. For any given library content download, there is a read-me file contained in it. If there are no restrictions in that, then the general restrictions in the EULA apply.

As for there being no restrictions, that's not entirely accurate, as there is one restriction that might actually affect end-users. It states quite clearly that 'Customers may not claim any trademark rights in the content files or derivative works thereof'. Please note carefully those words I bolded. This essentially means that if you create a composite effect or tune with any of these library effects or loops in it, you cannot claim outright copyright of it. Personally I don't think it would ever come to anything, but it's there, nevertheless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines