• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't record audio using M-Track Duo USB input

Participant ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure this is a Windows 11 issue but maybe someone here will be able to help.

I recently purchased an M-Track Duo audio mixer to use for a podcast. I have two xlr mics plugged in. When i create a new podcast session it seems to work ok for a few seconds. Then the audio shuts off completely. When i try to record nothing really happens (see screenshots). I've matched the windows settings to the podcast settings but I can't figure it .

EDIT: I can get it to record if i unplug it and plug it back in. However, it will record for about 1 minute before the mic audio just drops completely.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right... initially, can I get you to try this again not using the podcast template? It is a notorious source of problems and really shouldn't have been released as such. Just try setting up a default session and recording into that.

If you search the forum, you'll find any number of people who've been completely wrong-footed by this template and its effects - they are completely inappropriate for pretty much anybody, especially beginners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had my suspisions about that preset as well, hehe. I've recreated it with no template. This time, it cut out about 40s in. the second screen shot is where it's just doing nothing. I stop the recording and try to start again but it doesn't even move anymore. I can't even playback the audio which was already recorded until I close audition and relaunch audition and reopen the session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case we have to look at the M-Audio driver situation. Many people have complained about this over the years, as M-audio products appeared to work a lot better with ProTools - hardly surprising when you look at the ownership situation. There have been suggestions that the thing to do with the Duo is not to use the M-Audio driver, but to use ASIO4ALL instead as the driver interface. And of course this is free, so there's no harm in trying it, as this does sound very much like a driver issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow. So far so good! this seems to be working. I did a test with starting and stopping and it works so far. Thank you! hopefully, it continues to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines