• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Centered Playback Adobe Audition Mac vs PC

Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone!

First time asker of questions, I'm experiencing poor UEX with the PC version of Adobe Audition (CC) when I have the playback on centred. The entire window snaps to the playhead (so it is in the centre) when pressing play, which does not happen on Mac. Using my Mac, the playhead scrolls from the left to the centre of the screen and then the entire window shifts as the playhead moves so it stays centered. As far as I can tell there is no way to change this in options (Playback preferences). Hopefully i can explain the issue well enough to be understood, but basically the PC version jumps to the playhead so it is in the centre, whilst the Mac version waits for the playhead to reach the centre for the playback to scroll. Pictures below.
PC

53389280_311370593063566_8787638482165039104_n.png

MacScreen Shot 2019-03-05 at 1.37.57 pm.png

Example of Mac playing with playhead about to reach centre:

Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 1.42.21 pm.png

Cheers in advance,
Tim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same settings here on a PC do what you want - cursor moves to centre, and then moves the waveform. No jumping anywhere. One thing you might want to check out though is the hardware acceleration setting - this can make a lot of difference to the way playback happens visually:

Hardware acceleration.JPG

If it's checked, then uncheck it - and vice versa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if I could post a video I would. The PC settings (I've shown I have the same settings on both PC and Mac above) are as above - Still the PC snaps to the playhead so it is already in the centre when you press play, but on Mac it allows the playhead to scroll from the left until it is in the centre and then the screen follows the playhead... I'm struggling to explain the situation any better than that.

I'll try your setting though, that may help!

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Playback Preferences page should be identical on both platforms. It would appear that you are running an earlier version of Audition on your PC, perhaps CC 2017. Certainly the settings have been identical to your Mac image since CC 2018 and beyond. So perhaps you need to update your PC installation. You should be able to do this using the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're probably right! I'll update and get back to you all thanks to the both of you!

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like your screen recording somehow got converted to a PNG. Can you please post a link to the original recording?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines