• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changes and files lost after crash (Audition)

New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

For the last few days I have been editing a podcast episode in Audition and I made sure to save the project multiple times throughout the day - I have lost my projects before and didn't want it to happen again. I was almost finished but decided to do some touch ups with the Parametric Equalizer, it began loading but took quite some time and then crashed. When Audition opened again I was greeted by the message in the picture and I lost the most recent version of my project as it opened a very early version (when not a lot of editing was done). 

Does anyone know if I can get the most recent version of my project back? Like I said: I did save it and all the files are on my Mac in my Downloads folder. I didn't move them during the editing proces so that didn't complicate things - they have been there the whole time. 

I am on a Mac (10.15.4) and running Audition 2020 13.01.10.32. 

P.S.: If you could, please explain it like I am 5 🙂 

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how it works on a Mac, but on a PC, frequently you aren't automatically offered the latest version of your saved session file. So it's well worth going into the folder where they are stored and making sure that it's the most recent backup you are trying to load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve! Thank you so much for your help! I managed to find it in some hidden folder, even though I thought I had looked through it before and had opened every file. I guess Audition will always be a mystery to me haha, but I am learning everyday. Have a good one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines