Exit

Copy & paste multitrack

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I cannot copy part audio in another track
Eg. I have a multitrack with movie + track1 + track2, if I copy a portion of the second track and paste it in the first track, this is not copied but you replace the track 1 for the same time
This problem isn't there with a single track without using multitrack
Is there any setting to change or am I wrong something?
Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't cut and paste files like that in Multitrack, because those things you see on the tracks aren't 'real' files. Multitrack view is fundamentally a giant non-destructive file player, and information in the individual tracks - well, that's all it is, information. It's not 'real' audio at all; just instructions to the file player.

Waveform view is different. Here you are dealing with something that you can cut and paste - albeit into temp files until you've saved the result. And that save is the destructive bit. After that, there's no going back. Which is why we always recommend that people only ever work on copied files, not originals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

I have to do a MUX, so I have a video track, two audio tracks to sync so the multitrack was ideal for previewing the video, how can this be done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't do that in Audition, because you can't write the tracks back to the video. Easier to sync the whole thing in Premiere when there's a video involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a problem that I do not write on the video, it only serves me to see a preview, to synchronize two audio tracks manually can you do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only synchronise them by ear (or looking carefully at the waveforms). There is no other mechanism for doing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It 's perfect, but as if i use multitrack the copy and paste doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines