• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and paste effects to other clips

Participant ,
Jul 02, 2011 Jul 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I've exported my sequence from Premiere and am slowly trying to work with the audio in Audition without pulling my hair out.  The biggest problem I have is the lack of ability to copy effects applied to one clip and paste over other multiple clips.  I figured if this was possible in Premiere it should e in Audition, but sadly it is not.  The best I could do is save a preset...is that the only option?  And can I apply a saved preset to multiple clips?    Most of all I like to run normalize and reverb effects to several clips at a time, but geez not being able to do this makes me just want to do it all in premiere and only edit a clip in Audition one at a time if absolutely needed.    Seems like Audition has some features it could really use before it is efficient for production work.  In Protools I can use alt+shift drag to copy to other clips.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well now we are up to 7 years since this gigantic hole in the Audition workflow was exposed and still it remains.

The suggested work arounds in this thread DO NOT solve the problem. Sure some people prefer a different workflow but allowing copy and paste of clip effect to multiple other clips at once is a very valuable tool when editing audio in Premiere and should be incorporated into Audition also. If you prefer the preset workflow you could still do that but if you prefer the copy/paste workflow that should be an option here also. I use this feature in After Effects all the time also, seems like a basic need for audio or video editing software. ADOBE PLEASE FIX !!

In addition, I would really love a copy and paste properties action (this would also copy gain and pan adjustments in addition to effects)  similar to the copy and paste attribution feature frequently used in premiere.

One possible work around that could help in some situation but not all is to select all the clips you would like to place the effects on and merge them together. This will cause other problems in many cases as it will marry any fades you have applied.

Also, the Best Answer on this thread is wrong and does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One million percent agree.

Please fix this guys. This is a major workflow pain and in the butt and needs addressed.

No more fancy features until this is fixed please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who cares about fancy new features when you can't simply copy and paste things in Audition. I've come to love working with Audition when I had one track that needed correcting and that was it. But now that my work has increased and I have multiple video clips coming from different sources with attached audio clips that need heavy correcting, the lack of this feature is really just inexcusable. 

Presets for every projects? What a joke. Every week I work with new clips and new pieces of audio. They never come from the same place. I work on a completely new project every week, as I assume most editors do.

For the folks making excuses for Adobe on how it's hard to code, some people might not use that feature, blah blah... have you ever had to make the corrections to tons of clips as many people are mentioning here? The "I think I'd probably use presets" seems to answer my question.

I'm not trying to be rude or ugly, but Adobe seems to be obsessed with adding superfluous features to many of its products, without correcting basic MISTAKES that they made in designing a product in the first place. I'd bet lunch that somebody just forgot to code it. Meh, maybe no one will notice.

It's these things that madden me to no end, and make me want to switch to another product. But, it's like Microsoft Word. Somebody in lala-land many eons ago decided what core products they liked best, and now we're all forced to use them to stay relevant and appear versatile to clients, audiences, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The year was 2018.

One year before the 2019 of Blade Runner and flying cars, human-like robots and skyscraper sized holograms.....

And the people of the world were still living in the Dystopic reality of not being able to copy/paste effects in Adobe Audition.

A dark and scary reality? I would agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 to everything said here, with the caveat, that a quick read through of this thread reveals to me something: most everyone wanting this is coming from Premiere. Us premiere users really are expecting that audition behave and have the same UI/UX and design philosophy as Premiere. Now, I think in some regards, Premiere is heads and shoulders above audition (ie audition has ZERO asset or file management or organization capabilities. I've looked, and the general consensus of audition users is "why do you want that? just do everything in the OS, then come to audition." If that was how premiere worked, that'd be the end of premiere a decade ago).

But in this instance - and I think copy pasting the effects is still something with merit, and is somewhat troubling that its not because it makes me wonder how messy and/or untouched the code has been since before audition when it was cooledit - once you make the one time mistake of adding effect to a single clip instead of on the multitrack timeline, this is a relatively elegant solution. Process being: group all audio tracks of the same type or needing the same effects onto one track -> apply desired effects to multitrack effects rack -> done. If need be, you might have to do the annoyance of going to the track to create an effects rack preset, then deleting/turning off effects on clip, then bouncing back to multitrack but... it works. Also! Fun fact: in a truly amazing example of What You See is NOT What You Get effects applied to clip within the clip's effects rack ARE NOT reflected on the multitrack. ... That is... that is nonsense.

For premiere pro users, (and imo) bouncing to audition is a fine way to solve single audio clip issues. For me that's usually noise reduction, because audition's graphic representation of audio is finer than premiere - which shouldn't be a surprise, but here we are, extolling that an audio editor does, in fact, do something better audio-wise, as if that weren't a pretty basic expectation ):| - and the tool is easier to get a good result. But for anything else, if you're looking to jump into heavy duty audio work, or podcasts (like I mistakenly tried w audition), it'd probably be better to not even bother. Truthfully, the learning curve is probably relatively the same to any other audio editor or mixer out there, but starting afresh, you won't be tied down to incorrect assumptions that Adobe products might actually have synergy between each other. I mean, they kind of do, but only in aesthetics when it comes down to it. Case in point audition and premiere pro. The UI chrome looks familiar, but the process for each of them are wildly different, similar words have no particular connection, the ways effects, shortcuts, you name it... they don't work "like that Premiere Pro way".

Bottomline: Maybe if you've lived and breathed cooledit -> audition, it does the job. But coming from Premier Pro i think it's better to leave audition as a one-off, clean-the-audio-up-and-get-out-quick tool for a video editor. If you're jumping into audio in a big way, start with audacity, then branch out (read: away from adobe) from there. I'm going to look seriously into davinci resolve as my audio editor, which is also an NLE. To think: potentially one piece of software for editing, solid color correction and grading, and heavy duty audio editing. And the software is free, and then if you need the bells and whistles, it's $300. Perpetual license. No more monthly fees until forever. It's really, *really* attractive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I simply cannot believe that this is still a problem in 2018. Adobe gets even more $ from subscriptions than they did when this problem was first pointed out 7 years ago, I personally pay for my own and have one at work. It's a little mind blowing that such a simple feature has not been added after so many years. As appealing as davinci resolve may seem at first it's UI and stability are occasionally laughable, especially by comparison. Why they haven't added this simple feature to audition yet is beyond confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be easily done in "Mixer" section. Just drag and drop effect from one track to other.

If  someone still fumble (like me), maybe it will be usefull for someone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for stregobor's response. It never dawned on me to go to the Mixer window. Drag-and-drop effects between tracks. Boom. Works as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stregobor nailed the answer way down in this thread. Solution: Go to the Mixer window and drag-and-drop FX among the tracks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines