• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and paste effects to other clips

Participant ,
Jul 02, 2011 Jul 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I've exported my sequence from Premiere and am slowly trying to work with the audio in Audition without pulling my hair out.  The biggest problem I have is the lack of ability to copy effects applied to one clip and paste over other multiple clips.  I figured if this was possible in Premiere it should e in Audition, but sadly it is not.  The best I could do is save a preset...is that the only option?  And can I apply a saved preset to multiple clips?    Most of all I like to run normalize and reverb effects to several clips at a time, but geez not being able to do this makes me just want to do it all in premiere and only edit a clip in Audition one at a time if absolutely needed.    Seems like Audition has some features it could really use before it is efficient for production work.  In Protools I can use alt+shift drag to copy to other clips.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 09, 2013 Jun 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind of amazed myself, that the only way to migrate one set of effects to another clip/sequence is to create a preset and then re-apply it. Not quite the standard Adobe workflow.

Adding it as a feature request here https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform. I recommend everyone else do the same and let's see if we can get this sorted out.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I just stumbled upon this post because I was trying to figure out how to copy paste effects in multi-track mode and discovered there wasn't really an answer.

But, I did just discover, the same way you can select and change rack order of the specific effects in one track, you can actually select the effect and drag it to another track, effectively duplicating it. (But it appears that you can only move/duplicate one effect at a time to another track)

Not sure if that helps everyone here, but it did the trick for what I was looking to accomplish pretty nicely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JQizzle your solution is a good workaround thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes JQizzle, this works nicely!  Further, once you've drag and dropped an effect to another track (actually channel) you can then drag that copied effect back to the original channel, effectively duplicating the effect on the same channel.

Still, it seems it would only make sense to be able to copy and paste an effect on the same channel, as a starting point for a modified version, without having to bounce it through another channel.  Also being able to copy and paste multiple effects as a group would be great.

I'll add my desires to the feature request (https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 21, 2014 Sep 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came across this thread and was frustrated to learn that, indeed their is no built in way to copy/paste an effects stack to multiple clips, but I discovered a method that is nearly as quick and painless, so I thought I'd share until Adobe fixes this ridiculous problem.

To the left in the 'Effects Rack' there is an option to save the effects stack as an Effects Preset. You can save the stack with some temporary name, select your other clip, scroll thru the pull down to your temporary name and choose it as a preset. BOOM, pasted. Then you can delete that temporary name if you life for tidiness the way your mother would want things.

Hope this helps in the meantime.

Loving the Adobe to Audition workflow, but there are definitely little things you bump against sometimes that just makes you go, "are you serious?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2014 Sep 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

durdenlm wrote:

Loving the Adobe to Audition workflow, but there are definitely little things you bump against sometimes that just makes you go, "are you serious?"

But then on the other hand there are probably things in there that you didn't even know existed. When you find them it's "Bingo, why haven't I discovered this before?".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, the years pass by and no solution in sight – sad. I was just faced with this issue and found this thread. In my quite massive Premiere project, I wanted to do some Noice reduction (shift+command (mac) + P) and arrange both channels to 50% and reduce the amp by -5. I have approx 70 clips in a row stacked in Premiere so this feature with copy paste effects would be much appreciated. Unfortunately Adobe does not seem to be there quite yet so..

MY work around on this was to create a similar shortcut to the noice reduction for the channel mixer right next to the P-key. This way I just go: ctrl + A > shift+command + P > shift+command (mac) + Å (I'm on a Swedish mac), and then type -5 in the HUD and finish by striking command + S. Now I've probably spent the time I saved writing this blog post..so there you go. A quick-fix until Adobe does the homework.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of that could be done by setting Favorites in the effects and then apply them to multiple files using Batch Process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this will help people but I was able to copy an audio EQ effect that I had set the way I wanted to other clips by:

1. Left click once on the video clip that contains the audio effect that I have applied to that audio track so that both the video and audio tracks are highlighted.

2. right clicking on the audio effect (such as EQ) under effect controls

3. left clicking copy

4. then going to the video clip I want to copy to and left click once on the video clip so it is highlighted

5. and then right click edit paste

More details can be found at this tutorial link https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/applying-removing-finding-organizing-effects.html

scroll down to about page two under the section copy and paste clip effects and you will see the details there of how to do the steps.

I hope this helps someone Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't forget that this topic is more than four years old and Audition has evolved since then.  The ability to save a rack full of effects as a preset and apply that to other tracks or clips is a nice feature nowadays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, PLEASE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob, to be able to save effect racks as presets is great, and I use it all the time. However, the ability to simply copy a clip effect to another clip is ESSENTIAL for a good workflow. Like the way it is today with Audition you will end up with thousands of presets. And do you really want to save presets for everything?

EXAMPLE: I'm editing let's play videos on my YouTube channel and I add room reverb FX on my voice(to make it sound like I'm in the videogame). I use different settings for different rooms I'm in. Say I use a MEDIUM ROOM preset for a particular room, but I edit the preset to finetune it and to make it match the room I'm in. Then I find a very similar room and would like to use the exact same settings. This is what I have to do to "copy" effects from one clip ti another in Audition in the year of 2015: SAVE NEW PRESET -> NAME IT -> SELECT NEW CLIP -> SELECT DROP DOWN PRESET MENU -> FIND THE PRESET AMONG THE HOLE BUNCH OF PRESETS -> SELECT PRESET.

What if it could look like this instead: MARK EFFECTS YOU WANT TO COPY -> COPY -> SELECT NEW CLIP -> PASTE.

Which one sounds more effective?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LittleNuff wrote:

SAVE NEW PRESET -> NAME IT -> SELECT NEW CLIP -> SELECT DROP DOWN PRESET MENU -> FIND THE PRESET AMONG THE HOLE BUNCH OF PRESETS -> SELECT PRESET.

What if it could look like this instead: MARK EFFECTS YOU WANT TO COPY -> COPY -> SELECT NEW CLIP -> PASTE.

Which one sounds more effective?

To me, the first one does. That way I can reuse the effect in a different project without having to open the original project, copy the effect, close the project, open the project I want to use it on, paste it... blah blah.

I understand what you're saying, but I wouldn't use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I guess it comes down to different work flows but I'm with Steve.  The present style of working fits much better with my way of working than what you suggest--but everyone works in different ways.

Although the developers are pretty good about reading this forum, may I suggest you put in a formal feature request?  The number of requests for a feature does influence the development priorities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um, this answer does NOT seem to be the correct answer. How is it possible that it's marked the right answer? It doesn't even seem to be talking about a workflow of clips in Audition, only Premiere. The point of the original post, I believe, is how can we "batch process" fx on clips in Audition... is it not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

Um, this answer does NOT seem to be the correct answer. How is it possible that it's marked the right answer? It doesn't even seem to be talking about a workflow of clips in Audition, only Premiere. The point of the original post, I believe, is how can we "batch process" fx on clips in Audition... is it not?

I agree; so I've unmarked it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checking in from late 2017. Still can't copy / paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah this seriously has to be made a priority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has Adobe updated this yet? I use CC v6.0

I found one user's suggestion useful, to drag & drop effects between racks, which works in cases where you can see the racks of both source and destination, but you won't be able to copy effects directly between 2 clips because you can only show the effect rack for one clip at a time.

One work around is drag & drop in 2 steps: drag & drop a clip effect from the effect rack panel to a track effect rack in the editor panel, then select the destination clip and drag & drop the effect from the track's effect rack in the editor panel to the destination clip's effect rack panel.

This is such a basic function I find it ridiculous that anyone could justify it not being in the program. They bothered to put in a drag & drop feature, a preset feature, but not a simple copy/paste? You can copy/paste every other major element in every other Adobe product, this can only be explained as a gross oversight, and if it hasn't been fixed in recent updates, pure laziness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well in the latest versions you can save your Clip rack effects as a custom preset and then use that on another clip. Not exactly Copy and Paste but at least you can use the same effects rack on as many clips as you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just another user chiming in to say agreed, copying and pasting effects should be an absolute priority.

To the person that said programming may only take a few hours -- um, no. Doesn't work like that.

Nonetheless, this needs to come ahead of other features that have been added since OP. It can be done in Premiere, why in the world wouldn't it be done in Audition? And as to presets -- yes, they are a workaround, fine, but they are an extra step, I agree with the other posters who indicated that they can seriously clutter the presets windows, and as well they don't work if you already have other effects in the racks... they will wipe them out.

Please Adobe. I don't want to fill out a feature request. Like presets, it's an extra step. I'm here to work, not to be a software engineer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know what would be a good feature? If you could tag anything in the forums with [featurerequest] or #featurerequest and it would automatically be routed to the feature request team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

briandkatz1  wrote

I'm here to work, not to be a software engineer.

Got a feeling that they might just resent that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I don't know what people resent anymore. People get mad at everything nowadays. I hope they don't resent it. I've been doing a soundpass for the past two days... it's 2am... I don't always have the luxury of submitting my comments for feedback on how they may be misinterpreted.

If I could edit it, I'd edit it to say "I'm here to be an audio engineer not a software engineer". I was trying to say that the process of filling out feature requests becomes onerous after a while. Its own job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

briandkatz1  wrote

If I could edit it, I'd edit it to say "I'm here to be an audio engineer not a software engineer". I was trying to say that the process of filling out feature requests becomes onerous after a while. Its own job.

That's better, and I wasn't entirely serious (hence the wink). I'm reasonably convinced that they would have heard what you said, but known what you meant anyway. But OTOH, they are software engineers, and do (for reasons that I think are obvious) tend to take everything literally!

Oh, and I think that the 'flag it as a feature request' idea is a good one. Unfortunately, the people who write Jive are generally unresponsive to any good or practical ideas at all. We've tried suggesting things in the past, and failed completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines