Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy remix properties from one clip to another

Participant ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Currently, I have a song inside 2 different tracks inside a Multitrack Session. Track 1 is the full song while track 2 is just the instrumental version. I needed the song to be shorter to meet the required length of the final product. Thus, I used the remix feature to shorten track 1. I also need to shorten track 2 the same way track one was shortened. Is there a way to copy remix's properties from one track to another?

Thank you so much!

Ryan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

No, there's no direct way to do this at all, I'm afraid, although there is a slightly long-winded way of getting the section settings and durations. First, in the Remix controls, there's an option that says 'split remixed clip into sections'. If you do this, it will reveal all of the sections, along with the cross-fades at each point. If you now ungroup this, you can slide the clips apart, and make a note of the timings of each one. If you do this with the other track's timings (assuming they st

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there's no direct way to do this at all, I'm afraid, although there is a slightly long-winded way of getting the section settings and durations. First, in the Remix controls, there's an option that says 'split remixed clip into sections'. If you do this, it will reveal all of the sections, along with the cross-fades at each point. If you now ungroup this, you can slide the clips apart, and make a note of the timings of each one. If you do this with the other track's timings (assuming they start from the same point on the timeline), then you'll end up with the same cuts, but you'll have to redo the cross-fades.

But surely if you have identical tracks apart from the vocals, setting them both to be the same reduced time will result in the same results anyway, won't they? The analysis algorithm hasn't changed, and as far as I'm aware, it doesn't listen to vocals...

(Yes I know that the timings are given in that black line at the top of the waveform, but they're so small that I couldn't read them sensibly!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will give this a try.

I did try remixing the second track but to no avail. The algorithm just did not want to remix the two tracks in identical ways.

Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you bounce the two clips together and remix that one resulting clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan,

I have recently stumbled upon a solution to this while having the same issue.

I'd found your thread before and remembered and so thought I'd share what I found.

You may have already found a workaround since this was July 2018, but I see you are still active in the forums.

So:

Put your full song into a multitrack

With it selected, go to the menu and follow: Multitrack > Tracks > Duplicate Selected Track

Select this duplicated track now showing in the multitrack

Right click on the track and choose "Link Media"

Navigate to the folder where your instrumental version is and select it.

It will now "replace" the duplicate with the instrumental AND it will retain the original remix applied to the full song.

Hoping this helps?

Best regards, Euan.

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Euan!

I was looking for this solution! Thank you so much, works great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines