• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cutting audio clips Help

Participant ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know a few ways of cutting, my favorite being to hit the R button, which is for the razor, but the problem with it is that I have 3 layers of audio, and I don't want it to be cutting my other two tracks, which it does, I am using a Multi track session, Thanks in advance lemme know if you have any questions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

When you hit 'R' make sure that only a single razor blade is showing (Razor Selected Clips). Then, the razor will only cut tracks that you've highlighted, not all of them. So with a single razor, highlight just the clips you want by clicking on them with the Ctrl key held down, and then as long as the razor is over one of them, then only the selected clips will be cut. If two razors are showing, it will cut all of the clips under the CTI.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you hit 'R' make sure that only a single razor blade is showing (Razor Selected Clips). Then, the razor will only cut tracks that you've highlighted, not all of them. So with a single razor, highlight just the clips you want by clicking on them with the Ctrl key held down, and then as long as the razor is over one of them, then only the selected clips will be cut. If two razors are showing, it will cut all of the clips under the CTI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I had it selected with the two razors, I changed it to the 1 razor I really appreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I really like Cmd & K (= Cmd & E in ProTools).

Cuts selected track unless there’s a time selection, when it cuts at the boundaries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines