Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disoriented 5 seconds after mixdown

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I use Audition to record my podcast. Since I am new to this I don't do much editing... i use multitrack, insert the music track, and record on the host track with an audiotechnica mic. Then in the essential sound tab I label the music track, click ducking and label the dialog track, click Reduce Noise (5.0).

It sounds perfect when I play it back but when I export and mixdown... the first 5 seconds of my host track are so disoriented. it goes up down and just sounds a mess before sounding good. Also I can't do any cuts because if I do then it will disorient the first 5 seconds of the cut audio as well... 

Please help. I am including screenshots just in case... 

Thank you in advance. 

dialogdialogmusicmusic

TOPICS
Export , Noise reduction , Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The noise reduction process is adaptive, so that takes a while to 'learn' a track, and it starts afresh when you do a mixdown. Most audio sounds better without it, quite frankly. And you need to be careful with auto-ducking and how it's triggered too. A combination of the pair of them sounds lethal...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The "Reduce Noise" in Essential Sound panel has used the new DeNoise effect for about a year, replacing the Adapative Noise Reduction effect and reducing the learning period to almost 0ms.

If it's really just the first few seconds, that's weird.  Any chance of sharing an export of the first 60 seconds of your mixdown so we can hear what's going on?  Might be able to troubleshoot a little better as "disoriented" isn't a technical term and could potentially mean a lot of things.

Thanks!

Durin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines