Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit the same clip differently

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2016 Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have a rather unique question that I cannot find answers for because of wording issues. Basically I am working with the same clip in a multi-track file and I want to manipulate one copy of it without effecting the other copies in the same multi-track session. I know I can make a separate sub-clip and put effects on that but is there another way? What am I missing?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2016 Jun 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

manipulate in which way?  Clips can each have unique automation and effects assigned to them, so for any non-destructive action in Multitrack, there shouldn't be a problem.  If you want to open the file in Waveform view and make destructive changes to the actual samples, then you'd need to create a Unique Copy of the clip which will render a new WAV file.  This new file can be changed without affecting the asset the other clips reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines