• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Effects Rack: Restore accidentally deleted preset?

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentaly deleted one of the defalut presets that come with Audition in the Effects Rack. Is there a way to restore the initial state with all defalut presets? I am using Adobe Audition Build 22.1.1.23 on Windows 10. Thank you for any hints and help!

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

You can restore Audition to its original state by starting it with the shift key held down - this will re-write the Preferences system completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can restore Audition to its original state by starting it with the shift key held down - this will re-write the Preferences system completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. I thought I already tried this - but however, this solved my problem. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holding Shift down while restarting didn't work for me. I tried it 5 times. It was the Stereo Imagery > Central Channel Extractor - Remove Vocals preset that I deleted. I've only used AU once before so I havne't added any presets in addition to the defaults.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me as a I tried it multiple times. Is it possibly different for a Mac than on Windows? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines