• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedding ISRC Codes into MP3 files for Radio Distribution

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to do this in the current version of Audition CC? I've searched the forums and found a discussion from a few years ago where someone posted it's in the RIFF section of the Metadata, but I sure don't see a place for it there. An alternative given was to embed them in the CD Data, but I couldn't really find that either and I don't want to burn to a CD.

I have the list of ISRC numbers provided by the disc manufacturer and wish to embed them into .mp3s that I will share with radio stations. I know that third-party distributors like Tunecore will embed them for digital sales distribution, but that's not what I'm after.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

The word is that some software called Jaikoz will do this: Jaikoz Audio Tagger - I'm not aware that you can do it directly in Audition, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The word is that some software called Jaikoz will do this: Jaikoz Audio Tagger - I'm not aware that you can do it directly in Audition, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I say "Why not?"    This is expensive software for audio production and ISRC capability is not engineered into it?   Audition won't even let me put song titles that show up on CD players.   If they do, they do a poor job of instruction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition absolutely supports writing CD-TEXT and ISRC strings to tracks in CD Projects.  It's not a default column in the CD Project view, so you'll need to enable it by right-clicking in the top column headers of a CD Project and toggling ISRC in the list:

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 3.11.58 PM.png

As for ISRC metadata inside an MP3, I wasn't aware this was a supported field in the ID3 metadata schema.  Please visit our UserVoice site and submit a formal request.  However, Audition does support ISRC inside the standard XMP and RIFF metadata container, and this field will map to any format which supports XMP or which has a corresponding ISRC value in the standards they support:

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 3.11.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant.  I was wondering about ISRC and it turns out Audition handles it.  Lovely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it does for CDs and has done for years. But the original question was about MP3s, and that was the question that was answered initially.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CD and mp3are good, but I think I need it for wav files as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines