• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ExtendScript for Audition: is there an API reference?

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with Permiere CEP + ExtendScript, my go-to reference was the the Premiere Pro Scripting Guide. I couldn't find anything similar for Audition, except for some examples in the Adobe CEP repository on GitHub (in the Audition folder).  Where can I find an API reference for Adobe Audition's ExtendScript?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

No, not really - it's far too niche. The only place that I can think of that you might get some more help from is Adobe's Coding Corner forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

The best resource for browsing the API and Commandset are probably two extensions from https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/Samples/tree/master/Audition: Script Dictionary and Application Commands. Once installed, you can launch these while Audition is open and it will populate with whatever objects and commands are available for scripting in the application.

_durin__0-1645556142595.png

_durin__1-1645556208954.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only other page we have any knowledge of at all, you've probably already seen - https://developer.adobe.com/audition/

We generally don't discuss this here, as mostly we're users, not coders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @SteveG_AudioMasters_  for the link, that's where my research started back then: it still points to the Adobe CEP repository I mentioned above. Is there a place to ask programming questions specifically for Audition? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not really - it's far too niche. The only place that I can think of that you might get some more help from is Adobe's Coding Corner forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SteveG is right, there's not a great place to chat about Audition specifically... however, if you have a specific set of questions I can direct them to the Audition team (I've gotten a response for someone on the team before).

Online there's only this Audition-specific sample:  https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/Samples/tree/master/Audition 

And there are some more Audition resources for download here:  https://developer.adobe.com/console/servicesandapis/au 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @erinferinferinf , not exactly a specific set of question, I just wanted to know if the Media Encoder app was callable from Audition (you can do that in Premiere with the app.encoder ExtendScript object). 

More generally, I'd like to browse the Audition APIs, in order to understand what's scriptable in there. I couldn't gather much info from the GitHub samples.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... since in Audition there's a menu option - File>Export>Export with Media Encoder, I'd say it was... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not through the API though (I just checked).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! I wonder why it's not exposed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More generally, I'd like to browse the Audition APIs, in order to understand what's scriptable in there. I couldn't gather much info from the GitHub samples.

🤔 I suspect what you could do is fire up ExtendScript Toolkit and browse the omv file, but that could be onerous if you're on macOS (post Catalina). (Some information in this guide.)

You could download the C++ SDK: https://developer.adobe.com/console/servicesandapis/au 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best resource for browsing the API and Commandset are probably two extensions from https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/Samples/tree/master/Audition: Script Dictionary and Application Commands. Once installed, you can launch these while Audition is open and it will populate with whatever objects and commands are available for scripting in the application.

_durin__0-1645556142595.png

_durin__1-1645556208954.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@_durin_ the extensions you suggested seem exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines