Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extension Won't Install

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

My Audition works fine. I decided to add 2 extensions from the Adobe site. The first time I installed immediately. When I went to Audition - no extensions.

I looked in support and found Extension Manager. So I downloaded one of the extensions. This time I got an error message.Adobe Exchange Manager Installation Error.jpg

I've rebooted, uninstalled then reinstalled - same error message!

I've searched for an explanation and I can't find anything. I went on chat support for help and they redirected me to this forum!

I have an Asus ROG laptop GL753VE-BS71, Windows 10 pre-installed, a 7th-generation Intel® Core™ i7 quad-core processor, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050Ti graphics and full Microsoft® DirectX® 12, 32 GB RAM, 120 GB C drive and 1 TB D drive. All my apps have been installed on D because Microsoft is a PIG! LOL

I did install them using CC and I redirected all the folders in preferencees to D

Can anybody help me solve this?

Thanks

Janice

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

I looked at the settings for the Notes panel extension and see the author put the maximum version as 12.0.  This means it won't show up in the more recent 12.1.x release of Audition.  I'll reach out to the author and let them know of the issue, as well as how to resolve it so there's no maximum version requirement

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question.

Did you rescan the plugins from the Extension Manager?

http://www.cinemasound.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled them and then reinstalled them.

I tried unzipping the extension myself in the correct Audition folder but, of course, the zip file is proprietary and wouldn't let me unzip without the extension manager - and it doesn't like the file!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes... I uninstalled and reinstalled the extensions and tried extension manager again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally, Audition won't see new plugins if it's not scanned from Extensions Manager. See if that works.

http://www.cinemasound.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing all the information.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YAY!!! - Your suggestion of using File Sync worked!

The extensions are now showing in Adobe Audition!

Many many thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In view of that, I've marked Shivangi's answer as correct. Nobody's said, but there's a reasonable chance that this applies to the others who are/were complaining as well. Thanks for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon further examination the 1st extension did install... But the SECOND one didn't! (I saw 2 items in the submenu w/o reading that the 2nd was the Portal)

Audition Extensions.jpg

I followed Adobe's install issues doc and downloaded Anastasiy's File Extension manager.

When I attempted to install the Notes Panel extension this manager said it's already installed - but it's not listed anywhere - either in the manager or in Audition.

File Extension still installed.jpg

I did uninstall it from my exchange but according to the Extension Manager it's still installed.

My Exchange Notes not installed.jpg

I searched Adobe's site to find out how to uninstall.

I couldn't mark this as "unanswered" again  - sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry for the delay in response. I am researching more about this and will update you soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ccubed.me  wrote

I couldn't mark this as "unanswered" again  - sorry!

No problem - fixed. For the time being, I'll mark Durin's answer as correct, as he seems to have identified the root problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at the settings for the Notes panel extension and see the author put the maximum version as 12.0.  This means it won't show up in the more recent 12.1.x release of Audition.  I'll reach out to the author and let them know of the issue, as well as how to resolve it so there's no maximum version requirement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for following up on this, Durin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue with photoshop, the same error message appears with all extensions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines