Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Film mix from a unique soundtrack file

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have to do the mixing of a 90-minute documentary. The team delivered me only 3 files of 90 minutes each, from their FinalCut Pro X session:
- Video in mp4
- The "musics" track in wav
- The "direct sounds" track in wav (interviews, live sound, cutaways etc, all in a row on the same track)

So I split the direct sounds track into several pieces (practically one piece per shot or per sequence) in a multitrack session.
But if I apply an effect to one piece, it applies it to the entire 90 minute wav file.
How do I do the mix shot by shot, with different effects on each "piece" of the clip?

Thank you for your help

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the top of the Effects Rack there are two boxes - the first says Clip Effects and the other says Track Effects. When you highlight a clip, make sure that it's the Clip Effects box you've selected...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well it seems when I do this, it doesn't modify the original 90 wav. file, just the clip I selected on my multitrack session, which is perfect. Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines