• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

for When the Adobe Audition 4

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2008 Oct 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi is there any information about AA4, for when and the new fonctionnalities ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 159 Replies 159
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2010 Aug 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it served as a heads-up for me, at least, since I haven't been back into the main forum in a while to see new threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I got an email about it, otherwise would never have known.

I just did some searching, and all I can see is that the new version is for MAC, and there's nothing about it being called AA4...

Is there any other info anywhere as to whether there will be upgrades to the windows version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done a bit of searching since reading this thread, and it doesn't seem like there are any firm details at all.  People are taking it as implication that there will be a new Windows version, apparently, but I don't think Adobe's actually said that, or put any timeframe on a Mac release either.

I've known other developers (Fontlab, for instance) to release products that have a more advanced level on one platform than on the other, but I don't think Adobe's done that -- since they first went CS, anyway.  I could be wrong, of course, but if they were going to do a Mac-only version at a different level than the Windows functionality, or develop AA on the Mac but leave it treading water on Windows, then that would seem a strange thing to do.

Time will tell, I guess.  Meantime, there are still tons of capabilities in AA3 that I'm far from being on top of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I'm quite surprised that Adobe mentioned anything about it at all...Usually, you don't find out until the product is available for sale...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next release of Audition will be cross-platform, on both Mac and Windows.  Obviously, I'm not at liberty to discuss the finer details of this release, and the branding and versioning has yet to be determined by the marketing department, so while it's fine to refer to it as Audition 4 in these discussions, the official title has yet to be announced.  (It IS safe to assume it WILL be "Adobe Audition" however.)

I'll say we're really excited about this release.  It's been a LOT of work to re-write this application to support both platforms, and as you might have seen in the videos Jason Levine created, there are some significant improvements.  Everyone with a multicore system will see significant speed increases in almost every area of the application.  Those with single-core processors will still experience improved start-up time, and the ability to continue working while other documents are processing in the background.  My apologies to those who use "I'm rendering" as an excuse to go take a smoke break.  We've taken many of the best parts of Soundbooth and incorporated them into Audition, where it made sense and improved the workflow.  I hope we'll be able to share some additional information and videos soon, but the public beta should happen in a few months and you'll get some hands-on time with the app and can make your own decisions.  I hope you'll share your feedback, good and bad, with us.  I can't promise we'll be able to address every request or criticism immediately, but we'll take it all into consideration as we move forward.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Durin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2010 Sep 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news!

But I (as Windows user) have to ask - is also Win version in development? And will be beta for Win also available at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi budis,

as durin posted:

The next release of Audition will be cross-platform, on both Mac and Windows.

So if that message is genuine, that means development will be happening on a Windows version, yes.

(To those with more experience on these threads:

Pardon my utter ignorance, but is "durin" someone who actually represents Adobe, and therefore able to speak with authority about development plans?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm Durin, and I'm on the development team for Adobe Audition and Soundbooth.  I try to spend time in the forums to help with issues, get feedback from y'all, and when the corporate overlords allow me a little leeway, let you know what we're up to.

Right now, that leash is pretty short as folks in other departments with fancier titles, bigger offices, and much better views plan release strategies and use the term "synergize" a bunch.  So I can't respond to every question that gets posted, or tell you everything about what's coming soon.  What I CAN say right now is that the next release of Audition is on its way, will be available for Mac systems, and is a frame-off rewrite of the application.  The underlying DSP remains the same or improved, so the quality of audio processing is better than ever.  Almost all areas of the code have been written to maximize multi-core and multi-processor systems, but that doesn't mean we've ignored older systems.  Our goal, even on older systems, has been to meet or beat Audition 1.5 and 3.0 for performance and processing speed.

As for the public beta preview, more information should be available in the next few months and those of you who signed up on the website will receive a direct e-mail with more information.  The rest of you will have to catch the news here or as it makes its rounds on the internet.  I don't know if it will be a cross-platform preview or if it will be Mac-only at this time.  That's a discussion that happens between Product Management and Marketing teams in order to synergize and leverage pro-active, market-facing, cross-functional corporate vision statements. 

As always, please feel free to ask questions and if I can answer them without getting a corporate spanking, I'll do my best.  I really enjoy what others are creating and building with our products, and it's important to me to make sure your concerns are taken into account and shared with the rest of the team.

Durin

Adobe Audio Applications

Edited to refer to authorized information only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a discussion that happens between Product Management and Marketing teams in order to synergize and leverage pro-active, market-facing, cross-functional corporate vision statements.

LOL!  Durin, you've sent me to bed with a good laugh!

What makes me think you must be a fan of Dilbert?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm beginning to believe, more and more, that Dilbert is non-fiction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, Dilbert is definitely the work of someone who's been there! And I had the extreme misfortune to have worked for his line manager manqué for a while...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of what Dilbert portrays reflects why I got out of IT after 20 years or so.

I just couldn't hack working for managers who knew nothing about IT, nothing about tech-oriented people, who just wanted to be a manager and be in control;  people who acted without consultation and without any real understanding or consideration of the consequences for the people working under them of the decisions they made so blithely.  It got to be like living in a comic strip.  Except no-one was laughing.

But anyway ...  (oh, where did that soapbox come from?!)

Durin, thanks for so gracefully clearing up my lack of knowledge about you.  Apologies, and there was no slight intended;  I just haven't been on these forums a lot, and was a little puzzled why you didn't have an e.mail on the Adobe domain.

Anyway.  For my part, thanks for the update about what's happening with Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 03, 2010 Sep 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, a question.  If I put a new feature request in the feature request forum right now - a request for a variety of skins to choose from in the next version, for instance - something that would take some time to get together - would that feature request not stand a snowball's of being addressed (or cheerfully ignored :-)) by the time the beta came out?

And as for Dilbert, it's scary cuz it's so true, but the laughing helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2010 Sep 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE, I am begging for you to bring back a feature that was in 1.5 and for some reason dropped in 3.0 which dumbfounded me because it was one of the most useful tools ever. "Continue echo past selection" in the Echo effect, bring that back! It worked me wonders an got daily use. Now for me to do the same thing it takes a bunch of audio chopping and just a mess. So yeah, please bring this tool back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 19, 2010 Sep 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> "Continue echo past selection" in the Echo effect

YES. Why did that disappear? It was so convenient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2010 Sep 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right? It was such an awesome tool that saved so much time. It's such a simple but so perplexed feature. This needs to come back for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2010 Nov 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Team,

I would like to say, first and foremost, THANK YOU for bringing Adobe to the Mac.  I have used your product for the last 11 or 12 years for the purpose of making hip hop music.  Throughout the years, my style has become highly developed, and although programs were constantly coming out and friends were telling me "you must put down adobe and use X and use Y and use Z because they are easier and bigger and brighter," I stuck firmly to your product, because I have NEVER used anything that is faster and easier at zooming, selecting, cutting, copying, and pasting VERY specific pieces of sound, down to the millisecond.  It may take longer to finalize my music, and involve more trial and error and back-peddling, but it's all love on my end...it's my style.   Honestly, people criticize the fact that I only use Adobe Audition in my music making, UNTIL they hear my music.  Not to brag, but I'm nasty with it!

Once my HP died and I made the switch to Mac in February, I was CRUSHED when I learned that I was not able to use Adobe on a Mac without a partition, which I immediately got, and learned quickly that it was simply insufficient.  So thank you for releasing this product just in the nick of time.  I downloaded the beta version last night, and I was instantly satisfied.  There are some minor things that are different from older versions, but they seem to be the types of things that just take a little getting used to, such as the placement of the zoom buttons.  It appears that certain effects and options are missing from previous products, but I am assuming that is only because I am using the BETA version??  Other than these minor things, it seems awesome.

So I wanted to be one of the first to tell you that the BETA version seems great so far.  I am very pleased, and anxiously awaiting the final release.  You have given me my voice back, and I am in debt to you.  Thank you.

-Tommy

if you want to hear what I have done with your program - visit -- www.soundcloud.com/dubulous-productions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dubulous wrote:

There are some minor things that are different from older versions, but they seem to be the types of things that just take a little getting used to, such as the placement of the zoom buttons. 

So you haven't noticed any of the major things - like mode-free operation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to be honest I haven't noticed much of anything aside from the updated look and minor differences.  I only played with it for about a half hour, and just wanted to make sure I could still do everything I always did before.  I am going to play with it some more tonight.  I'm sure it's gonna be good tho....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2010 Dec 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition's Wave Editor has a horrendous problem which drags its quality down below every other wave editor I've used.

You won't find this problem anywhere else.

In the wave editor,

if PLAY LOOPED is engaged, and you shift+click to extend the selection range, the *Audio Hiccups*, every single time.

Please finally fix this in AA4. It's so unprofessional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2010 Dec 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get that. But there again, I run Audition on a proper computer, set up to do the job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do get it. It's not possible to not get it.

All computers running Adobe Audition have this behaviour. It's hard coded.

You didn't test properly and you don't look at things on a detailed level. Try again.

Read what I wrote carefully.

You likely used "Play" instead of "Play Looped"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I don't get it either!!  (Depending what you mean by the "audio hicupps every time").

I opened a file in EV, highlighted a short section, started "Loop Play", dragged the RH edge of the marked section using Shift and Right Arrow key, no problem.  Repeated the exercise using Shift and Drag the RH edge, there was a momentary break in the audio but playback resumed in less than 1 second.  Personally I don't regard that as a "hiccup".

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same test as you jeff and yes I got the same "there was a momentary break in the audio but playback resumed in less than 1 second".

Its no big deal to me but if this is your thing then I could see how this could be very annoying.

Knowing a little bit about how the rubberbands that drive macs work and what Adobe would have to do to accomodate said rubberbands I would be very surprised if this sort of thing happened in the Mac AA4 version and therefore I would be equally surprised if this sort of thing happened in a PC AA4 version.

Also as SteveG indicates this problem would still be related to the responsiveness of your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there was a momentary break in the audio but playback resumed in less than 1 second.  Personally I don't regard that as a "hiccup".

Jeff

For the love of god... You don't regard a "momentary break in the audio for less than 1 second" a hiccup?

Sorry what strange dimension are we in?

Also as SteveG indicates this problem would still be related to the responsiveness of your system.

SteveG was incorrect. He spoke out of ignorance before even testing the problem.

The problem has no relation whatsoever to system responsiveness. Zero. No influence.

It is not performance related. The playback state is being stopped, and then restarted.

The bug is present on 100% of all machines. It hiccups on freshly installed 3.5ghz machines.

This bug has been in the Cool Edit codebase for 11 years.

- Pzyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines