• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hello. Novice editor needs a hand with Audition.

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am looking for a workflow for editing a film. Not really a pro here. My sound guy sent me poly wave files of two labs and a stereo boom. I merged them in the project folder and then edited. Now I want to clean up the sound in Audition. What is the work flow? Should I send the merged files into Audition? Then how and more importantly where do I export them to have the changes go directly into the timeline? Is this possible. New to Audition, but i have a lot of clean up to do on this outside short. Thanks in advance!

[Moved from the non-technical Lounge Forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

I fear the answer is "it depends", both on how you're editing the video and also what/how much "cleaning up" you have to do.

If you're editing in Premiere Pro, then it's very easy  In Premiere there's a command Edit/Edit in Adobe Audition that will send all the files to Audition in the correct tracks.  Once you're finished, in Audition you can use File/Export to Premiere Pro to send it back.  Alternatively, if the video editing is finished, you can Export to Adobe Media Encoder straight from Audi

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fear the answer is "it depends", both on how you're editing the video and also what/how much "cleaning up" you have to do.

If you're editing in Premiere Pro, then it's very easy  In Premiere there's a command Edit/Edit in Adobe Audition that will send all the files to Audition in the correct tracks.  Once you're finished, in Audition you can use File/Export to Premiere Pro to send it back.  Alternatively, if the video editing is finished, you can Export to Adobe Media Encoder straight from Audition to whatever format you want.

If you're editing is not in Premiere, my suggestion would be to finish your processing then File/Export/Multitrack Mixdown to get the whole sound track in one stereo (or mono or 5.1) file.  You can then import this wave file into whatever editor you're using.

If you give more details of how you're working, I can try to be more specific.

As for the processing, the same applies.  There's not a "one size fits all" solution to offer.  I suspect that you may want some mix of noise reduction, compression, EQ and normalising but without knowing more about your project and what you want to do with your sound, that can only be a wild guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you appear to have two mono Lav mic and one stereo Boom mic tracks they may all need to be processed separately depending on the contents. Not quite sure what you meant by 'I merged them in the project folder and then edited'. If you meant mixed them down into one stereo track that is probably not the best way until after you have treated them in Audition. Ideally you need them to appear in three separate tracks in Audition's Multitrack view so that you can treat each type of recorded track according to it's needs. Also are you going to be adding any extra audio like sound FX, music or extra voice overs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Synced them with merge clips command in the project window(folder - the window that you bring all your clips into the timeline from). So I want to know if I bring those merged clips from the “project window”) and save changes in audition will it propagate in the timeline?

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I am trying to do is edit the files that are in the project windows that I merged for my editing purposes so that all those clips that I put in the time line will propagate in the timeline of the final edit. Is that something I can do by taking the merged file (take 3a merged for instance) right clicking it into audition, working on the clip, clicking save, (and here is the real question) and after I click save will the changes appear IN THE TIME LINE ?

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines