• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help: Can anyone explain how to create Isochronic Tones?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this forum by Googling how to create Isochronic Tones with Audacity.  I see someone responded by giving the OP a link to an Isochronic Tone Generator.

I need the instructions on how to create an Isochronic Tone.  I can't figure out how to get the tone to "pulse" [see image].

1200px-Isochronic-toes.svg.png

Would anyone be able to explain the process of how I can make my tones pulse to create an Isochronic Tone?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

I've come to the conclusion that it's going to be more than time-consuming in Audition - it's extremely impractical. The reason is that it doesn't have enough modulation facilities as it stands - the tone generator does not have all of the facilities that the IsoMod plugin for Audacity does, which is why, if you really want (need? nah) to make them yourself, Audacity is a better bet than Audition. There doesn't appear to be a VST plugin that does what the IsoMod one does and without that you won

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer remains the same as it is on the other thread. To create these in Audition (not Audacity!) is going to be time-consuming, and involved, so there's absolutely no point, as the generator concerned - this one - is actually pretty good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to know the process on how to make an Isochronic Tone in Audition.  Thank you for responding but as I wrote in my initial request for help - I am aware of the response to a similar question previously posted and this is not helpful to me.   If you can't help me I understand - and am thankful for your response, but I need to learn the process - a link to a generator will not suffice. 

If anyone can help me with the process of how to make my tones 'pulse' I would be greatly appreciative.
A link to a written tutorial or a YouTube tutorial would be great, if you don't have the time to explain.  I have been scouring the internet for directions on how to do this with Audition but have come up empty so far. 

Right now I'm using Adobe Audition via subscription but I'm looking at having to stick with Audacity if I can't make a go of this process in Audition. 

Thanks again for your time, I do apprecaite it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've come to the conclusion that it's going to be more than time-consuming in Audition - it's extremely impractical. The reason is that it doesn't have enough modulation facilities as it stands - the tone generator does not have all of the facilities that the IsoMod plugin for Audacity does, which is why, if you really want (need? nah) to make them yourself, Audacity is a better bet than Audition. There doesn't appear to be a VST plugin that does what the IsoMod one does and without that you won't get very far, because the whole thing relies on extensive use of modulation effects. Audition, back when it was Cool Edit, used to have more extensive modulation facilities, but they were considered to be somewhat 'whacky' for software that was evolving into a commercial tool, so they were dropped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahhh... ok.  Thank you so much for explaining this!  This makes much more sense now.  I was driving myself crazy trying to figure this out.  Ok. So I'm back to audacity for this task. 

Thanks again, much obliged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines