• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! FILE GOT CORRUPTED

New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So ive been using audition 2019 to edit my podcast episodes and have had no problems since but today when i tried to edit my episode, i kept getting an error saying that audition was having trouble writing or reading to disk and suggested to save my file and restart the program. Therefore i saved my file and restarted the program and now that i tried to open the file again and play it, there is no sound playing anymore. I even tried playing it through the normal windows player and i got the same result with no sound. I have tried opening another file and the other file works perfectly but when i open the one i saved, there is no sound coming from it although it shows that it is playing. 

TOPICS
Crash , Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you editing the backup copy, as you should have been, or the original?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, the original. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked to see if there is a backup in the session backup subfolder (assuming you save your backups locally)?

Edit: Were you editing in multitrack or wavform view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have checked and nothing is found. I was editing in wavform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you were editing in Waveform view and you got a 'trouble saving to disk' message, and it was an original file, you are, I'm afraid, really stuffed. Unfortunately the suggestion to save the file was exactly the wrong thing to do - closing without saving any changes wouldn't have altered the original, but if there are corrupted changes, then those are the ones that get saved.

The reason for this is that Waveform view works with a temp directory, and that's how it stores the various iterations of your file, so that the Undo mechanism can work. If the last one is corrupted, then that's what gets saved...

So there are two things to note here: my original comment about only editing a copy, especially in Waveform view, and also that doing your edits in Multitrack gets over this completely, as it doesn't touch your files at all unless you make the mistake of double-clicking on one and making a change in Waveform view. It's also a much safer way to record, as it's direct to disk, unlike Waveform recording which is via the aforementioned temp file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it! Well I guess I'll have my first lost episode. Thanks for the help and for the tips, I really appreciate your time and effort! I'll make sure to edit my copies from now on! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines