• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! What happened to Music loops and beds for Audition?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! What happened to Music loops and beds for Audition? All I can find is this below:

Sound Effects - 27 bundles, over 10,000 high-quality sound effects

I need music loops to create songs, NOT a bunch of sound effects, anyone have a clue??

Thanks Kelly K.

TOPICS
FAQ , Feature request , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

The update is that if you go further up the directory tree you reach a folder that will lead you to everything! It's here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

You need to use a browser that supports FTP. Chrome definitely doesn't, but Firefox does, and it would appear that Opera does too. Alternatively, as nssc02 observes, a dedicated FTP (File Transfer Protocol) handler also does. This is old technology these days, but it used to be the norm.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

I've just realised that the current versions of most browsers won't let you use ftp any more. Even though Firefox says it will - it simply displays nothing. All the files are still present on the ftp site, but you now have to use a dedicated ftp program to access them. This is certainly the case today - 17th November 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Okay - it's a year later and I've just checked - the files are all still accessible via FTP. Whilst it may still be possible to gain access via Firefox, it's not going to be easy as there are all sorts of security settings that would have to be overcome. Filezilla works, and it's free, but you have to get the settings absolutely correct. Use the user name 'anonymous' and 'pass' as the password - it will sort out the port number for you. You will have to work your way carefully through all sorts

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They haven't been present for a while now. After some digging around, I discovered that they aren't quite available as a direct easy download, but they do appear to be available on Adobe's ftp site - here 

I did a test download of one, and it appears to work fine. The one thing I haven't located is the music beds, but the loopology files themselves are there, definitely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update is that if you go further up the directory tree you reach a folder that will lead you to everything! It's here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, however when I click on those links "here" you put in there, all it does is open a blank page, nothing is there??? Kelly K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The links work fine here. I can see and download individual files in the Opera browser, and I can download entire directories using WS_ftp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Here' doesn't work for me either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use a browser that supports FTP. Chrome definitely doesn't, but Firefox does, and it would appear that Opera does too. Alternatively, as nssc02 observes, a dedicated FTP (File Transfer Protocol) handler also does. This is old technology these days, but it used to be the norm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was able to click on the links when I used the Firefox browser! I am downloading all of the loops. Now I'm going to see if I can actually use the loops in Audition! 🙂

Boy, Adobe sure doesn't make it easy to find Loops! Wonder why???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea. Took me quite a while to figure out what they had done with them! There is no official linkage to this that I'm aware of either, so downloading the lot before they realise and remove it all  is almost certainly a good move. The status of all the looping material is a little dubious as far as its ownership is concerned; the person that made them all never actually got paid for doing it, and he didn't do it during working hours - these all date back to Syntrillium days and were just taken over with the rest of the company, lock stock and barrel by Adobe. I think he's pretty much resigned to it, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I really appreciate you digging for them! I was able to import and use the files in Audition, so now it's time to get to creating some fun songs! Thanks again! 😉:musical_note:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just realised that the current versions of most browsers won't let you use ftp any more. Even though Firefox says it will - it simply displays nothing. All the files are still present on the ftp site, but you now have to use a dedicated ftp program to access them. This is certainly the case today - 17th November 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay - it's a year later and I've just checked - the files are all still accessible via FTP. Whilst it may still be possible to gain access via Firefox, it's not going to be easy as there are all sorts of security settings that would have to be overcome. Filezilla works, and it's free, but you have to get the settings absolutely correct. Use the user name 'anonymous' and 'pass' as the password - it will sort out the port number for you. You will have to work your way carefully through all sorts of layers to get to the correct place. To a first approximation it's pub - adobe - audition - Loops. When you finally get there, there's a ton of stuff available, but it's not in a single directory - you have to hunt it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just used Filezilla, a free FTP program for Win or Mac.

Really easy to use, just c&p the address into the host fierld and your there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked, thank you! Oh the loops I had to jump through to get the loops 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines