Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

hmm...double click file, scroll bar slides

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so nooowwww…..

I want to click between files...well, the picture says it all.

thanks in advance.adobeslide.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Certainly not normal IMHO. Are you using a wireless mouse? I have seen a similar problem, but not with Audition, where a problem with my mouse drivers or it's batteries caused all sorts of erroneous mouse input which caused havoc with various software doing all sorts of unwanted things. Do you have another old wired mouse that you can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Audition are you using? Can't quite see from your image but are you clicking on a file name in the Files window and expecting the file to open in the Waveform view? If so it then works OK here on my Win 10 PC with the latest Audition v.12.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually got on live with chat and the person said "this is normal." I said uhh, no, in the two years I've been using this I've always been able to toggle between files by double clicking on them. So they went and reverted my edition back a version (w/o asking, thereby erasing all of my pre-sets) and it's still doing it. Now I have to right click and then click on edit file. Not a huge thing, but kills the rhythm of going back and forth.

And now when I left-click on the wave form to highlight a section, the wave form starts shifting to the left in slow motion!

Have no idea what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly not normal IMHO. Are you using a wireless mouse? I have seen a similar problem, but not with Audition, where a problem with my mouse drivers or it's batteries caused all sorts of erroneous mouse input which caused havoc with various software doing all sorts of unwanted things. Do you have another old wired mouse that you can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Crazy you'd say that. While I was on with tech support, she had control of my screen. It wouldn't happen for her. I'm like, what is different from mine compared to...then I realized the change I'd made in the last week.

It was the stupid *&%$#@ wireless mouse.

Not ONE problem in the week I'd been using it...aside from having to change the batteries every couple of days. I plugged my old wired mouse in during the tech call and all was fine. I could even toggle between files again with one click. But had to go out at 9:30 at night to buy a new one anyway (my old wired one was dying which is why I switched to the stupid wireless one). Sheesh, finding a wired/corded mouse is almost like trying to find a VHS tape. Practically don't exist anymore at stores. Two stops and they only had ONE available. Nightmare cost me six production hours trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

Thanks for the reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines