Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Horizontal scrolling speed

Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2011 Jun 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

is there a way to adjust horizontal scrolling speed (shift+scrollwheel)? In default settings I find it unusable slow.

And by the way, is there a way to search just one forum here?

Regards,

- Lauri

TOPICS
Feature request , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 05, 2011 Aug 05, 2011

Hi lauri,

I get it.  When zoomed in and scrolling horizontally in the waveform view (either using a scroll wheel that supports horizontal scrolling or by holding SHIFT while scrolling up/down) you would like the step size for each "click" of the wheel to be larger so that you can scroll more quickly.  There's no preference for this at this time, though I'll be happy to put in a feature request to accomodate this.  As a workaround for now, you can click on either side of the orange "view" box in t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree...after 7 years a simple increase in horizontal steps for the scrolling...wow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made a suggestion in the Uservoice forums for this. Please vote up to get it implemented!

Adjustable horizontal scrolling speed – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also want to pile on - horizontal shiftscrolling is unusably slow, and if it were faster it would be an enormously useful feature!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that we might be left to our own devices with this one so I came up with a simple AutoHotkey script that will boost horizontal scrolling speed to your liking – just change 10x below to anything you like. Compile and add to Windows autostart for best experience.

; Adobe Audition horizontal speed boost

#IfWinActive ahk_class audition11

+WheelUp::Send +{WheelUp 10}

+WheelDown::Send +{WheelDown 10}

#IfWinActive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Seems that the forum editor messed up the code above, hope this time it does not. Shame there's no post editing.)

#IfWinActive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Dawid+Ciecierski  wrote

(Seems that the forum editor messed up the code above, hope this time it does not. Shame there's no post editing.)

There is. See Edit under the Actions drop down bottom left.

Anyway thanks for posting your code. Hopefully it should be useful to quite a few Audition users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ryclark  wrote

Not on my end I'm afraid Perhaps too few posts or too much time since..?

no_editing.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Dawid+Ciecierski  wrote

ryclark   wrote

Not on my end I'm afraid Perhaps too few posts or too much time since..?

It's not about time, it's about whether there's a subsequent post or not. You can edit your post freely until somebody else adds one to the thread. After that, it's set in stone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#IfWinActive

OH MAN! So excited to try this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, YOU ARE A GENIUS!

It worked perfectly!

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why this script doesnt do anything for me? How does it know when Audition is running? If I am opening Audition CC 2019, isnt "audition11" an outdated value?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rafn15406281  wrote

Why this script doesnt do anything for me? How does it know when Audition is running? If I am opening Audition CC 2019, isnt "audition11" an outdated value?

Try changing it to audition12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, still same speed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. It's absolutely bonkers that AFTER EIGHT YEARS, this simple feature has yet to be implemented by Adobe.

To make the above script work for CC 2019, change "audition11" to "audition12"

That worked for me, and shift+scroll is now useable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never used Shift + Scroll Wheel, but I do only use Logitech mice (currently M510) that allow the scroll wheel to tilt for horizontal scrolling (side to side scrolling).  After swapping from Mac (CS5.5) to PC (CC) at work, my fast horizontal scroll speed became broken and has been driving me nuts.

What worked for me was installing the "Logitech Options" utility.  I did not have to alter any settings, it just started working correctly again.  One tilt click = one step.  Hold the tilt and it scrolls quickly.  For instance, I can now scroll across a 9 min clip at 100% zoom (10 zoom steps) in 6 secs.  200% at 16 secs.

I also found that holding down the middle mouse button allows you to pan the waveform while dragging & speed is dependent on how fast you move the mouse.  This method is similar to panning in Photoshop while holding the Space Bar.

Either method allows me to stay positioned over the waveform and not have to use the slider up top.

Hope this helps!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! The scroll wheel pressing in as an alternative to shift+scroll is useful and a trick I didn't know. I appreciate you taking the time to reply to my comment

Still wish they'd make a change to the shift+scroll speed though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can improve (or at least alter) some of your mouse's behaviour by altering its zoom factor, of course. The means to do this isn't actually located in the best place on the page - it's right at the top, whereas it would clearly be better placed within the Mouse Wheel Zoom box:

Zoom factor.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

March 2020 and this is still an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love this feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should at least be a hand tool added in the future to make scrubbing back and forth easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we throwing a 10 year birthday party for this feature request next year? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is saddening. I came online looking for a way to horizontal scroll faster, and came across this thread which just made me realise what a bad decision audition is. 
It might come off as a minor nitpick to adobe, but it's a horrible inconvenience as evidenced by all the replies. And as someone said, we're about to hit a decade of this thread being started and still not actually being addressed by adobe.
We had a good run (not really) audition. Take care!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same.  Cmon Adobe, get your s**t together

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't believe this fix has been 10 years in the making...
Get your act together Adobe! It's not like we're paying for this or anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really like adobe audition and I really need that scrolling made faster please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines