Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Horizontal scrolling speed

Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2011 Jun 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

is there a way to adjust horizontal scrolling speed (shift+scrollwheel)? In default settings I find it unusable slow.

And by the way, is there a way to search just one forum here?

Regards,

- Lauri

TOPICS
Feature request , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 05, 2011 Aug 05, 2011

Hi lauri,

I get it.  When zoomed in and scrolling horizontally in the waveform view (either using a scroll wheel that supports horizontal scrolling or by holding SHIFT while scrolling up/down) you would like the step size for each "click" of the wheel to be larger so that you can scroll more quickly.  There's no preference for this at this time, though I'll be happy to put in a feature request to accomodate this.  As a workaround for now, you can click on either side of the orange "view" box in t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a possible solution for those who have or are prepared to have a Logitech MX Master 3 mouse.

The scroll wheel on the top ( big blue arrow ) has two mechanical behaviors.

It can work either in "click" mode or "freerunning"

The second smaller blue arrow shows the location of a button which toggles that mode.

By using the "freerunning" mode and suitably adjusting the Scrolling Speed ( red box )

you can whizz along the timeline.

Logi Options-1.png

 

How to:

Use the scroll wheel to zoom in and out fluidly

Use shift scroll wheel to whizz along the timeline

Logi Options-2.png

 

Best of all: the Logi Options app allows you to set these types of preference on an app by app basis.

See top right red box on the above image.

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A wee video to show this in action:

https://youtu.be/N1f3v5oid8c

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only workaround Ive found is using the middle mouse button to drag the timeline left or right with the hand tool.

That being said I would still really appreciate a fix for this. Especcialy since I'm so used to scrolling with the mouse wheel in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a couple of months I still cant get used to grabing the top box in the upper corner and I still scroll sometimes with Shift key like a mad man instead of zooming out (because of habits) and every single time I scroll I am thinking why it wasnt implemented. Not enough people complaining? I dont think this would have solved the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recorded a video how to finally fix this by your self using autohotkey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04enQZ1Yqig

I've found this on adobe forums by Dawid_Ciecierski https://community.adobe.com/t5/audition-discussions/horizontal-scrolling-speed/td-p/3496430/page/2 "It seems that we might be left to our own devices with this one so I came up with a simple AutoHotkey script that will boost horizontal scrolling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines