• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I change the mono recording of orchestra into stereo

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I copy the mono channel 1 to ch.2. But it still have flat in the orchestra performance.

What can I do in Audition software to make it have an stereo sound like playing "gradually"fade in and fade out?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Without the difference information between the two channels, you simply can't do this; it will remain resolutely mono, I'm afraid. There are a few tricks you can do which will fake a bit of ambience into a mono recording, but at the end of the day, it's still a mono recording, and always will be. Unfortunately the best 'faking' software is only available as a 32-bit plugin, so it won't work directly with the current 64-bit Audition - you'd need something like jBridge installed to be able to use

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without the difference information between the two channels, you simply can't do this; it will remain resolutely mono, I'm afraid. There are a few tricks you can do which will fake a bit of ambience into a mono recording, but at the end of the day, it's still a mono recording, and always will be. Unfortunately the best 'faking' software is only available as a 32-bit plugin, so it won't work directly with the current 64-bit Audition - you'd need something like jBridge installed to be able to use it.

Open Ambience Project "SHEPPi" Free Spatial Enhancer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Steve says, there's no way to get true stereo on an original mono recording.  i know of some people who swear by putting a minimal amount of delay on one of the tracks to put it slightly out of phase.  I personally don't like the results that gives but it might be worth trying to see what you think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines