• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I make Audition read outside mixer EQ levels

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Mackie Onyx 1620 mixer where all my mics are going through to an Audition project. It reads each individual microphone but not any adjustments I make through the mixer. For example, it doesn't read any EQ changes such as bass, treble, frequency, or even volume adjustments. The mixer reads it but Audition doesn't.

Can I adjust the sound before they go into Audition? If so, how can I get Adobe Audition to read those changes?

This is probably an easy answer but can't figure it out  and can't find another post about this concern. IIf someone knows the trick or settings to use to make audition read the eq settings on my outside mixer, that'd be great.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

This is inherent in the 1620...the Firewire direct outputs are post gain/pre EQ (which is the most conventional way of working) and there's no switch to change this.  As I recall, Mackie did publish a modification you could do if you're handy with electronics but all my searches found links that ended up Error 404.

FYI, the likely reason Mackie configured things this way is that most people prefer to record a totally unprocessed signal so they can adjust EQ (and every other parameter) during the

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is inherent in the 1620...the Firewire direct outputs are post gain/pre EQ (which is the most conventional way of working) and there's no switch to change this.  As I recall, Mackie did publish a modification you could do if you're handy with electronics but all my searches found links that ended up Error 404.

FYI, the likely reason Mackie configured things this way is that most people prefer to record a totally unprocessed signal so they can adjust EQ (and every other parameter) during the mix, not during the recording session.  If you add EQ to the recording then decide it needs to be different to fit into your mix, you can't change it.

I'd contact Mackie if I were you and see if they still have a link to that modification site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Bob+Howes  wrote

This is inherent in the 1620...the Firewire direct outputs are post gain/pre EQ (which is the most conventional way of working) and there's no switch to change this.

The EQ stage on the Onyx mixer's channel strips are switchable (pre/post EQ). The Outputs are always pre-fader.

-paul.

Mackie.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that--the facility certainly wasn't there on earlier versions of the 1620.  I recall lots of frustrated posts on things like the Mackie forums and SoS.  They've obviously added it and that's why the mod I mentioned is no longer posted on the Mackie site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines