Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I reproduce this dynamics effects in Audition

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have this dynamics effects (that is obsolete) in Premiere CC. I want to reproduce it in Adobe Audition so I can use it's batch mode.

But Dynamics effects in audition is different with Premiere.

Can anybody describe how it's done in audition? (both compressor and Auto Gate)

Dynamics.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a built in Effect in Premiere CC or a third party plugin that you have added?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, This is default dynamics effects in previous versions of Premiere.

Any idea?

And this is Dynamics in Audition, I don't know why these two effects have nothing in common!

d2.PNG

d3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically the Audition Dynamics effect was written long before Premiere had such effects built in and provides much greater control over what it can do. As you have discovered this also makes it a lot harder to set up for your particular audio because of it's graphics based GUI. So you will probably find one of the other Compressors in Audition better to simulate your requirements as far as compression is concerned. Both the Single Band Compressor and the Tube Modelled one will allow you to use the exact same settings as the Premiere effect. Depending on your audio you may well get away without using the gating section.

Gating is a bit more difficult to set up using Audition's Dynamics effect but don't worry about the second page of settings. If you need to use it just concentrate on the first graphics page. But just try on of the compressors on it's own first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alisohrabi  wrote

I don't know why these two effects have nothing in common!

In a way, it's worse than ryclark says. The Audition Dynamics Processor isn't actually an Adobe product at all, fundamentally. This effect is almost unchanged in either its look or its operation since Syntrillium created it for Cool Edit. It's way more complicated than the Premiere system, but consequently more flexible (when you've figured out how it works...)

The two significant things that have changed about it though are both useful additions. It now has a gain reduction meter that it never had in the past, and also it can be side-chained in Multitrack view, so it will work as a ducker.

It's worth persevering with - it can give you excellent results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Dynamics effects in Premiere was an effect licensed from CubeTec, and provided a simple compressor with noise gate and limiter built-in.  When the Audition effects engine was ported to Premiere Pro a few years ago, we began migrating our native Adobe-developed and maintained audio effects to Premiere as well, and late last year, the old CubeTec effects were deprecated and placed in a folder labeled "Obsolete."  (Why?  Well, besides having duplicate effects, we're able to respond to updates and fixes in our own code far more quickly than with decade-old licensed technology.)

While the new Dynamics Processing effect can give the same, or better, results, it is a more complicated effect.  We've received plenty of feedback from Premiere editors that, while they appreciate the new effect, aren't comfortable with the complexity and change.  We've been investigating the best way to solve this that ensures we have an effect that we can continue to develop and troubleshoot should any problems arise, while maintaining the simpler user interface and ease of use that you became accustomed to with the old plugin.

While I think our teams have a pretty good plan, can I ask what sections of the old Dynamics effect you used most often, how many custom presets you may have created for the effect, and how often you use it in your projects?  I'd be happy to share this feedback with the engineering teams and make sure we're focused on the right solutions.

Thanks,

Durin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines