• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I transfer all settings and favorites to another Audition installation?

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest version of Adobe audition cc and I would like to transfer all effects settings and favorites from one installation to another. I am licensed for two copies and they are both the same version of each computer. I've tried copying the appdata files from one installation to another as instructed elsewhere and it does not work. I use this for my job and really need those settings and favorites on both. How do I get this to work?

TOPICS
Export , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step 1 - make a backup copy of everything on the first machine that you want to copy. Step 2 - delete those files on the second machine (which we are assuming is in its vanilla state) and replace them with copies of the same files from the first machine. If you don't actually delete the original files from the second machine, it will almost certainly read those in preference - you need just the new ones you want on it - no originals. If it doesn't work then, you've done something wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
10 hours ago 10 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, It might help to list all the possible files, share where they are, and how to find them, or better, is there a link that explains all of this.

(but thanks, I know what you mean and it worked for my Favorites)

Shouldn't Export/Import Application Settings work?

Apparently not.

Surely this should be easier than having to digi into hidden libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
9 hours ago 9 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since Application Settings and Favorites aren't the same thing, then no. Adobe appears to have a mechanism for importing all the settings from your previous version into a new one, but that isn't directly accessible to the end user. Yeah, I know it sucks, but hey...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines