• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I turn my mic sensitivity down

Participant ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a really silly question to ask, But I am having to much audio being accepted, that it has not sounded good

Thanks for the feedback would really appreciate it thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

slothm57212708  wrote

Yeah, I will tell you what I have so it helps, I have the BM Toner 700 which the XLR cable(or something) plugs into my InnoGear Phantom Power I229, which that leads to an xlr cable that leads to a 3.5mm jack which goes into a usb card that is my microphone hope that helps              

The first place that the signal could potentially be turned down is in the usb card - rather depending upon what it is. Need a bit more information about that too. But, if it's the little one

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a silly question, but without knowing what mic and preamp you are using, we don't have the faintest clue!

The answer is 'by using the mic gain control', but I'm sure that you can see why, on its own, this isn't going to be much help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I will tell you what I have so it helps, I have the BM Toner 700 which the XLR cable(or something) plugs into my InnoGear Phantom Power I229, which that leads to an xlr cable that leads to a 3.5mm jack which goes into a usb card that is my microphone hope that helps              

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

slothm57212708  wrote

The first place that the signal could potentially be turned down is in the usb card - rather depending upon what it is. Need a bit more information about that too. But, if it's the little one that comes with the mic, then it doesn't have a gain control...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the one that comes with it, but thanks for helping, I highly appreciate it............Its ok though, someday I will have a better sound card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

K I will    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the best solution would be to get a better sound card, Because my sound card and mic make it so I can't control gain.  Or to just save up for a nicer microphone???    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

slothm57212708  wrote

Or to just save up for a nicer microphone???    

That's the one I'd be going for. You don't actually have to spend a fortune to get reasonable results, but I wouldn't go for a complete system in a package, necessarily. One thing you might be tempted by, but is best to avoid is a 'USB' microphone - that can lead you into all sorts of other difficulties, especially if you want to add another to your rig at some stage.

If you want to go for a really cheap (but still sounds pretty good) system, then you need something like the Behringer C-1 mic, and their Xenyx 303USB mixer to go with it. If you shop around, you can pick these up for very little money. The only downside with the mixer/usb interface is that it only has a single mic channel, so it wouldn't do if you wanted to add a second mic, for instance. But it has the missing gain control, and the mic is a surprisingly good performer, considering its price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thanks! I will definitely look into those

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines