• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you download a previous Version of Audition?

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks

How do you download a previous version of Audition this version

Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 5.49.50 AM.png

Currently has bugs in it.

Thanks

-David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Actually I think it's yours that's out of date. I just did an upgrade check on the app, so it's bang up to date, and this is what it shows:

CC.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can revert to the previous version from within the Adobe Creative Cloud app.

ScreenHunter_40 Apr. 22 13.16.jpg

Just click on 'Previous Versions' to show the earlier one and click on Install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually you can't

Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 8.38.43 AM.png

@ryclark Your image your referencing is from an old version of CC and is not the current version every would be on.

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I think it's yours that's out of date. I just did an upgrade check on the app, so it's bang up to date, and this is what it shows:

CC.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh. How do I update my CC app itself? I clicked "check for app updates" and it just shows me individual apps that can be updated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the CC Desktop App, and in the upper right corner, look for the "gear" icon and a small dropdown arrow to the right of it.  Once you click that, you'll see menu options, and the second one is to check for CC App updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your swift response! It turns out I have the most current version of CC.

I turns out that I had a search filter applied so that it only showed "video" apps. However, when a search filter is applied, it doesn't allow you to click the see previous versions, so, I saw the little "video" filter button but didn't register it as anything because I thought filters might just go away by default but they are sticky. So, for anyone else reading this thread, if you have a search filter on, you won't be able to click on previous versions. Odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand this is an old thread, but is there a link where I can find the old versions of Adobe Audition CC and their corresponding release dates? I'm would like to download a specific version that was released somewhere around  Oct 2017. I'm trying to revisit a previous mix session for re-edits/mixing and the latest 2018 update and the 2017.1.1 release Build 10.1.1.11 is giving me audio file linking errors. I want to download a previous version that was available around Oct 2017 to help troubleshoot where the problem may be.

Thanks,

Bryan D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bryan, I can only suggest looking up Audition at Wikipedia for dates, and the procedure above for previous versions, because to the best of my knowledge that's all there is.

However, what you're looking for is probably Audition CC 2017, which I believe is 11.0 - it's not been THAT long ago!

Another question is if you had any Dolby AC3 audio in those files, which would be the reason now for those errors.  Adobe has dropped licensing for Dolby, and removed support for Dolby codecs even from the previous version if permitted to "update." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternatively if you post a link to your .sesx session file somewhere that we could download we (or should I say SuiteSpot) could take a look at it to try and see where the missing links are. We don't need any audio files just the .sesx.

However looking in my version of the Creative Cloud desktop app I can click on the down arrow beside Open a new menu drops down allowing you to view other versions and install them if you want.

ScreenHunter_64 May. 03 22.56.jpgScreenHunter_65 May. 03 22.56.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand this is 3 weeks late of a reply, but my team went on ahead and redesigned the sound of the missing files. Thank you very much for your insights and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what happens if i dont wanna use the cloud where every bugger and his dog gets to rip off your stuff? I want a standalone version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't wanna use the cloud then you are out of luck, I'm afraid!

Creative Cloud is the only  method by which Audition can now be legally accessed.  I also still have CS6, the last standalone version prior to the subscription model, but only because I was a user from before that model was introduced and have kept the app installed..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, rollback works fine, and I just did it with the following procedure (forgive me for posting this on multiple threads):

I'm going to copy and paste this again because not everybody is seeing the most helpful posts.

If, like me, you HAVE to have Noise Reduction working, you're going to need to revert to the previous version.

To revert

- You MUST back up your settings folder as a rollback will delete it!  Find your settings folder at the path above and make a safety copy of it all.  Put it somewhere so you can restore it after this rollback as well as later once the upcoming bug patch is released!  Don't merely move or allow deletion - this is one worth having multiple copies of if you've been using Audition for any length of time at all.  Once that's done and your precious presets are safe, now for the fun:

- Open the Creative Cloud desktop app

- Click the "Apps" tab

- Scroll down to "Find additional apps" and directly to the right you'll see a filter toggle labelled "All Apps."  Click this.

- The last entry at the very bottom of this list is "View Previous Versions."  Click that.

- Scroll down until you see "Audition."

- Select "CC(2017) 10.0.2" and when the confirmation dialog box comes up, click "Yes, install this version."

- Sit back and wait for installation.

- Enjoy!

- When the CC App tells you there's an update available for Audition, DON'T install it until something newer than the 2017.1 release (version 10.1.0.174) becomes available!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing previous versions listed in the new Creative Cloud interface. Is finding older versions still an available option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm afraid not. After taking legal advice, Adobe only offers the current version of any of its software products, and the -1 version. We have been asked not to discuss the reasons for this, so please don't ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For 19 gbp a month? are you kidding. i'm an unemployed hobbyist. I can't afford that crap. Got any alternative suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Audacity, or get a cheaper hobby... or convert to Linux. Apparently there are plenty of tools available there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines