• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a mix of many mp3s with crossfading?

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a fast way to create a mix of 200+ mp3s with crossfading, so I am thinking there should be a way to apply a predetermined crossfade length (like 5 seconds for example) to apply uniformly across when transition from one song to the other. Tutorials I have seen are for mixing 2 tracks and appear to be manual and would be very tedious if you have many tracks like my case. Please let me know.

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're stuck with manual, not least because a duration that sounds good between two tracks might sound pretty rotten next time where vocals go longer or something.

The fastest way I know is to work in a multitrack session on a single track.  Each time you drag a new track into the session, overlap it a little bit with the previous track and Audition creates an automatic cross fade.  If you have a listen and want the crossfade longer or shorter, just drag the newest track one way or another.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're doing a crossfade, then listening is, I'm afraid, obligatory. Here's why; Two songs, same or similar bpm, and your 'fixed' crossfade starts with them half a beat apart... Bob's method is quick and easy, and you spot the anomalies instantly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or buy yourself an mp3 playing DJ mixer and sit down for a great mixing session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines