• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop the Stop ?

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week I was working for a company who use Audition CS5.5 and I noticed something a bit strange...

Let's say I start a new session and switch to the Multitrack view. If I hit the 'Play' button, the cursor starts to move - but it stops at the right-hand end of the view window (e.g. it stops after about 30 seconds, depending on my zoom factor). This happens, even if I'm recording !!!

From what I can remember, the 'Play' key offered 3 x options:-

1) Play to the end of the currently selected item

2) Play to the end of the current view (i.e. what seems to be happening)

3) Play to the end of the session

I figured that if I added a mark at some very high timecode, that would increase the session end time and stop this problem - but it didn't work. No matter which of the 3 options I chose, playback consistently stopped at the right-hand end of my view window. The only way I could play an entire session was to have the entire session viewable (i.e. to use a very high zoom factor).

Is this a bug - or did somebody think this'd be a useful feature ??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition CS5.5 is a very old version of Audition, the first to be available cross platform for the Mac as well as the PC. As such it was newly rewritten from the ground up and, as such, wasn't nearly as fully featured as it is now. So anything odd, even if it is a bug, won't be changed in that version now I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall it doing that though - check the playback options in Preferences, and see what it says there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys. I checked the Playback preferences but only 2 of them seemed relevant:-

1) Centred auto-scrolling in Multitrack Editor

The above seems to do nothing at all AFAICT.

2) Return CTI to start position on stop

This one re-positions the playback cursor (after it stops) but it doesn't prevent the 'stop' from happening... 😞

I guess this must have just been a bug on that particular version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no features in Audition that would cause it to stop playback or recording when the playhead reaches the edge of the view.  (Au 3 had "play to end of view" and similar toggles, but those have not been ported to the new code.)  Unless you had time-selected the current view, playback/record should continue on.

I don't think we have enough information to make a solid suggestion yet.  Any chance you can grab a screen capture of this problem happening?  Even a phone and a screenshot of the UI when the playback is in progress and stops would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At home I only have a demo version of CS5.5 (which I think has expired now...) However, CS5.5 is still available for download and it's a very simple problem to reproduce:-

1) Launch CS5.5 and create a new session

2) Switch to the Multitrack view

3) Hit the 'Play' key

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines