• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LEQ (m) meter in Audition please!

Participant ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already submitted a feature request but I was wanting to see how many other Audition users would be interested in a LEQ(m) meter in Audition.

Most other metering standards are included in Audition or at the very least available as a free or cheap plugin accept for LEQ(a) and LEQ(m).

I on occasion produce advertising for Australian Cinema and would appreciate this feature in Audition.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

TC Audio (who provide the loudness radar for Audition) don't include the LEQ (M) in the package.  They want you to buy their stand alone plug in on top of what's in Audition.

I believe there is a way of converting your readings in the Cinema preset to get an LEQ (M) measurement but it took me hours of Googling and using maths I haven't had to since university (and I'm now retired to put that in perspective).

I completely agree with your feature request (especially that Adobe is now getting publici

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cbenci wrote:

I have already submitted a feature request but I was wanting to see how many other Audition users would be interested in a LEQ(m) meter in Audition.

Most other metering standards are included in Audition or at the very least available as a free or cheap plugin accept for LEQ(a) and LEQ(m).

I on occasion produce advertising for Australian Cinema and would appreciate this feature in Audition.

Nugen Audio VisLM 2 Loudness Meter supports LEQ(m) measurements.

-paul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TC Audio (who provide the loudness radar for Audition) don't include the LEQ (M) in the package.  They want you to buy their stand alone plug in on top of what's in Audition.

I believe there is a way of converting your readings in the Cinema preset to get an LEQ (M) measurement but it took me hours of Googling and using maths I haven't had to since university (and I'm now retired to put that in perspective).

I completely agree with your feature request (especially that Adobe is now getting publicity by mentioning feature films their software has edited) but I suspect the stumbling block may be TC, not Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Bob. I'll start googling the math

I guess what I'm really after is a "Match to: LEQ (m)" setting in the Match Loudness window. I don't know if this has anything to do with the TC Electronic Loudness Radar but this would really save me time and money.

Thanks for your input paulfigg, I have checked out a few different plugins including VisLIM 2 and Waves WLM. I know I'm being a penny-pincher but they aren't cheap. I might pull the trigger on Waves WLM when it's on sale.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Bob+Howes  wrote

I completely agree with your feature request (especially that Adobe is now getting publicity by mentioning feature films their software has edited) but I suspect the stumbling block may be TC, not Adobe.

What tickled me slightly is the description that TC use when talking about Leq(m):

"while level regulation of commercials and trailers in movie theaters is based on a measure of annoyance, also known as Leq(M)"

Having watched a few trailers, I'm not quite sure how they actually measure that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone who is looking at this thread, Waves WLM is currently on sale for $129.00 USD

Loudness Meter Plugin – WLM Plus | Waves

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines