• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Macros? Way? Repeat actions with a hotkey?

Enthusiast ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a newbie and I'm clumsy with effects. I'm narrating a book. My S is ugly. Especially after I compress. If I use ANY de-esser it sounds as if I'm drunk and I lose other soft sounds as well—so no universal process has worked for me. So what I've been doing is going through every track I record before I consider it final, and lower the volume on each ES (and each CH sound). And often, especially with the CH, I have to go into the manual pitch effect and LOWER each of those. As you can imagine, this is DRUDGERY. Which would be made so much easier if I could just record a MACRO (do they still call them macros?) and apply it, preferably with a hotkey, and use it as I go through the track. When I search for this kind of thing on youtube, I just get instructions for batch processing, which won't work. So....  macros? Scripts, Actions (like in photoshop?)

TOPICS
Feature request , Feature requests , How to , Noise reduction

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

They are called 'Favorites' and yes, essentially they are macros - just not called that, because it sounds like computer progamming. And yes you can allocate hotkeys to them. There are limits on what you can do with them, and you will have to experiment, possibly by editing some of the ones that are already there. Lowering the volume, you should be able to manage quite easily though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are called 'Favorites' and yes, essentially they are macros - just not called that, because it sounds like computer progamming. And yes you can allocate hotkeys to them. There are limits on what you can do with them, and you will have to experiment, possibly by editing some of the ones that are already there. Lowering the volume, you should be able to manage quite easily though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines