Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Meter Level is Still Too Loud and I can't hear myself on Audition CC 2017

Participant ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have both Voicemeeter and a mini mixer. I did lower my levels on those, but when I record on Audition, it's still too loud. I also have a Blue Snowball mic that doesn't connect to the mixer (The mic portion is a different output). I even tried Voicemeeter and still the same issue. Plus I can't hear myself on my headphones. What is going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both the volume of monitoring and the playback levels are handled by you audio interface--Audition (or any other DAW I know of--just hands the digital information to the interface/sound card which then converts it to an analogue signal and lets you control the volume.

To be more specific, we'll need to know the details of you system--you may be able to set up monitoring on your mixer or you may need to do that in your Windows Audio Control Panel (or the Mac equivalent).  With your Blue Snowball USB mic, it gets a bit more complicated--you need to set up the mic as the input to your computer/Audition, but use your interface/sound card to hear playback.

One thing that may help you:  if your mixer and/or audio interface don't support direct monitoring, you can click on the little "I" button in the settings panel of the track you're using in a Multitrack record session--this will send your input back to the output while you record.  However, be warned that the audio will be doing a round trip via your computer and, depending on your gear, may result in an unpleasant amount of lag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What levels are you seeing on the meters in Audition that seem to be too loud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late reply. I have a HP Laptop with Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm afraid that to be specific we also need to know details of your mixer and (if you have a separate one) your audio interface.

However, in general terms, you adjust your input levels to get the proper levels in Audition.  Then, for your monitoring, you adjust the level for your headphones on whatever device they're plugged into.  Done this way, you can adjust the monitoring to whatever level you need without affecting the recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines