• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mixing with Reverb for Film

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Every day I find out for myself something new in the field of audio post-production. And this community helps me a lot in this! Thank you!

I finished mixing the first feature film with surround sound for the film festival. And I have a couple of questions about how to properly use the reverb for mixing.

I have different tracks with DX, FX, MX. And now I need to add to them different types of reverb (room, street, echo). I have only one SEND channel with Altiverb in Pre-Fader mode, which I can connect to each track in Adobe Audion CC. It's not clear to me how I should switch to another type of reverb, if for example on one track with a dialogue, I have a voice that's on the street, then in the room. Same thing with the effects. I need to quickly switch. And this greatly hampered my movement. After all, as far as I understand, it's best to use reverb on the SEND channel, than on each individual audio track?

All my dialogue tracks are sent to DX Bus. From there, I'll connect the SEND channel with reverb. But it turns out that there will be only one type of reverb. I can not use a separate SEND channel for each track individually. This is very difficult and not economical.

I really hope for your help. Once again many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

There is no reason why you can't use several separate instances of the Altiverb plugin. The only problem may be that as Altiverb is fairly heavy on resources you probably need a pretty powerful computer to run multi instances.

To do this you have to use multiple Bus tracks in Audition. You can have up to sixteen as there are sixteen Sends available to the Multitrack. Then you insert an instance of  the Reverb effect onto each Bus track. Thus you can set up a different Bus track for each type of a

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no reason why you can't use several separate instances of the Altiverb plugin. The only problem may be that as Altiverb is fairly heavy on resources you probably need a pretty powerful computer to run multi instances.

To do this you have to use multiple Bus tracks in Audition. You can have up to sixteen as there are sixteen Sends available to the Multitrack. Then you insert an instance of  the Reverb effect onto each Bus track. Thus you can set up a different Bus track for each type of acoustic and use the Volume Automation for each Bus to turn up and down each type of reverb as you require it. You can have up to sixteen different busses with different effects and settings mixed into the Master output with a different mix of Sends from each track.

ScreenHunter_45 Aug. 06 22.02.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much, Ryclark! I appreciate your answer! It is also useful to automate inside the reverb plug-in itself and switch between presets. And then automate them. Very saves resources. Although I have a very powerful computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines