• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi Voice Modulation

Contributor ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am trying to edit my voice to sound similar to how the voice of the narrator sounds in this video from Saints Row IV, when it says "Shield at 66%." I'm unaware of what steps I should take to do this, however, because it sounds like there are multiple voices in the voice, and it's heavily distorted and robotic. Here is the link to the video, starting at the time about where the voice plays:

https://youtu.be/Hs6eOD9D-48?t=1m37s

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

I didn't have a huge amount of time to play (I hate deadlines!  I'm supposed to be retired) but I had a quick go and got something similar by using the following effects:

First, I used Effects/Time and Pitch/Pitch Shifter to lower the voice.  I started using a preset called "The Dark Lord" but it was too much for the voice I was using and I got better results at about -9 Semitones.  This will vary depending on the voice you're starting with.

Second, I added Effects/Chorus/Flanger  and started with

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have a huge amount of time to play (I hate deadlines!  I'm supposed to be retired) but I had a quick go and got something similar by using the following effects:

First, I used Effects/Time and Pitch/Pitch Shifter to lower the voice.  I started using a preset called "The Dark Lord" but it was too much for the voice I was using and I got better results at about -9 Semitones.  This will vary depending on the voice you're starting with.

Second, I added Effects/Chorus/Flanger  and started with the Thick Chorus preset.  I found I could get closer to your sample if I reduced the Intensity slider to around 75% but again you'll need to play with setting for the voice you're starting with.

Finally, I added Effects/Distortion to the effects rack and used the "Swamp Thing" preset.  I didn't have time to play but tweaking some adjustments might get it even closer to what you're trying to do.

Sorry I'm a bit vague but I hope this at least points you in the right direction.

I'm off to finish blowing up Baghdad in a video.  Don't ask.  It's a long story!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That sounded excellent! Exactly where I needed it! Thank you so much for the help! Good luck with your video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines