• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple editing of audio tracks

New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 300+ audio tracks that are more than 60 minutes long which makes them unsuitable for use with a radio scheduler or in radio broadcasting. Is there a way to cut the lengths down in batches using Audition or do I have to edit them one at a time? Thank you for your assistance.

[Moderator note: this seems to be meant for the Audtion forum. So moved.]

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be a silence between sound. So we can trim the clip by using 'detect silence' or 'silent cut'.

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the one thing that the Favorites system in Audition cannot do is alter the length of files, and since that's the only option for manipulation if you are batch processing, then the answer is no, I'm afraid that you have to do it manually. Whether there are any other options rather depends upon what the file content is - you might like to tell us what you are dealing with before anybody else makes any 'helpful' suggestions... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SteveG_AudioMasters_, there must be a posting of 'feature request' of Audition of this.

I think, audition and premiere don't have the feature of 'detect silent' or 'cut silence'. Correct me if i'm wrong.

thanks

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition already has options to deal with silence in a variety of ways, and it is almost certainly not the solution to this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SteveG,

Sure thing. I will explain. Thanks for the reply.

I use MusicMaster (https://musicmaster.com/) to schedule my tracks. It schedules clocks based on one-hour slots of time. 

So, if a track is, say, 75, 80, or 99 minutes, for example, that is in the clock, this causes issues with the software. It's likely that it will not even play the long track.  Therefore, the tracks that are  75, 80, or 99 minutes, for example, have to be broken down into two parts. Thus, the 75, 80, or 99 minutes tracks would be 37.5 x 2, 40 x 2, and 48.5 x 2 respectively. These broken down tracks must be played in back-to-back hours; they cannot be played randomly. This is a major reason why I am trying out Adobe Audition.

Many of my tracks are sermons, health talks, seminars, long-playing nature sounds, ambient music, and white noise. They are not typical music tracks although I do have music tracks.

Does this clarify what I am facing? Thanks, SteveG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines