• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multitrack Duration: How do you change it?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2012 Jul 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just started using Audition and I've got a video that's 2:30 in length. Now I created a Multitrack Session and when I put in the video, I noticed that the scroll bar at the top was SUPER tiny. This is also when I realized that the length of the session was over 10 minutes long. I've looked all over Audition and searched the forums and the help, but can't see how to make it smaller. Yes, I know I can zoom in and I know I can just export the selected, but I have to scrub through the audio a lot and with a scroll bar being a quarter of a millimeter, this makes working in small sections of the video extremely irritating.  is it really that hard or complicated to be able to change the duration? I see that it's 13 minutes in the bottom right of the program.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

sepiaclouds wrote:

I found a way to do it!

When in the Multitrack view, go to File > Export > Multitrack Mixdown > Entire Session

When it's exported, it should appear in your Track view as whatever you've titled it. Go into Waveform view on the track and click Time Selection Tool, then highlight the time you want to get rid of, then simply tap DELETE. Then Export the waveform file as whatever file type you had it as before.

Too complicated. Try just selecting the time range you want to export

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled the "use embedded timecode…" option, and the audio file came in as expected. I normally sync with Plural Eyes, and don't work with timecode, so this seems to be the fix I need. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THIS IS THE ANSWER I HAVE BEEN LOOKIING FOR!!!  SO SIMPLE! But it STILL is NOT designated as the CORRECT answer on this thread. WHY????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a way to do it!

When in the Multitrack view, go to File > Export > Multitrack Mixdown > Entire Session

When it's exported, it should appear in your Track view as whatever you've titled it. Go into Waveform view on the track and click Time Selection Tool, then highlight the time you want to get rid of, then simply tap DELETE. Then Export the waveform file as whatever file type you had it as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sepiaclouds wrote:

I found a way to do it!

Too complicated. Try just selecting the time range you want to export on the screen and use File>Export>Multitrack Mixdown>Time Selection. Then you won't have to trim anything at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know its not the accepted method but when I need to get this sorted out quickly I change the timeline to samples and make note of the value that seems most suitable and then I edit the sesx file (while it isn't open in Au) and in the first few lines is the current session length - just replace with the new value and save and exit.

Obviously make a backup  first.

I'm currently in outback north QLD with no access to anything so I can't be more specific

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently in outback north QLD with no access to anything so I can't be more specific

hope it's for a New Year break away from the studio and AATranslator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is but only when there is no internet connection lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the ***? It is so simple that is not obvious

1. Import the mp3 file.

2. Drag-drop it from Files to the multitrack. (Even here you can try to drop it righter)

3. Now grab Audiowave and drag to the right. Time of multitrack increases.

To further increase drag further to the right. Watch the scale of timeline.

"Bug! Bug!", haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines