Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My audio sounds muffled and Distorted in Audition

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My audio sounds normal when I play it outside of Audition and in Audacity, but when I import any of my MP3s into Audition it sounds really muffled and distorted. I am brand new to Audition and sound editing, so I have no idea what is happening or how to fix the issue. I'm assuming it's a setting somewhere, but I don't know where to look. I can't fix anything if the audio doesn't sound correct in the first place.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Audio hardware , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to say - not enough information. Audition doesn't normally make MP3s sound any worse than they were when decoding them (yes they have to be decoded - but that's the same with any other app). What are the parameters of your MP3 files? Can you post an example? The other thing of course is - does anything else you open in Audition sound the same way? Or is it just MP3 files? If it's everything, then you have a sound device issue of some sort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been testing it with different headphones/speakers and with a .wav file, and it seems to just be my original headphones not working correctly with Audition. Other headphones sound better, so I'm still not sure why the others aren't working.

Thanks for your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines