• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New a new desktop to run Adobe Audition 3. Help, please!

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old OLD Lenovo that I've been running Adobe Audition 3 on for years, but it's done. I need to buy a new desktop that'll run Adobe Audition 3. I guess my bugdet is around $1,000 (give or  take a few hundred,)

I'm not a computer guy (announcer type) but I need a good rig. I have a Neuman 87  and and Avalon preamp so the sound is good. 

Somone suggested this:

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/desktop-computers/xps-desktop/spd/xps-8940-desktop/xd8940msrfbres#fe...

What would I need?

Help, please!

Many Thanks!

TOPICS
Audio hardware , Version 3 and earlier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't perhaps quite as simple as it might seem. Can you tell us exactly which Avalon preamp it is, and how it was/is connected to your Lenovo? I'm a little concerned about how you are going to digitise the preamp output.

The Dell will probably be fine - almost any computer around will cope with the physical rqueirements of Audition 3 but it's getting harder persuade it to play nicely with Microsoft's newer operating systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you aware that installation of Audition 3 is not quite as "easy" as it used to be??

Do you have the installer and, more importantly, the "special registration key/serial number" to activate it because the "old" activation system was decommissioned by Adobe several years ago? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines