• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No input signal with correct audio channels/hardware settings

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2018. The subject pretty much says it all. I've been messing with this for over an hour and I cannot get input from Windows10 running Chrome or from Premiere playing in the background over the stereo mix. I've watched the set-up videos and everything looks correct. I have updated the drivers (already latest drivers installed for Realtek audio, which is the recording channel). There is simply no input signal and nothing records, even though I can hear everything fin through headphones.

When I switch recording devices I get a strange anomaly: for a split second the meter registers whatever is playing in the background, but then it freezes (same for both Dynamic and Static peak settings), and it still will not record. When I try to record and scrub through, it plays a low hum, although there is no waveform.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What are you trying to record?

If, as I'm guessing from your phrasing, you want to record the audio playing back on your computer (once known as 'What U Hear" or 'Stereo Mix") this ability has been disabled on most computers/Operating Systems.  It's not an Audition issue--the RIAA lobbied hard to remove this facility, claiming it was being used to pirate audio from online sources like Youtube.

Anyway, if you can give more details of what you're trying to do, we may be able to help with a work round.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines