• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Non Destructive Workflow - Basic

Engaged ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a photoshop artist and new to Audition. I know there is a workflow for making non-destructive edits, but when I followed the procedures outlined in a tutorial, I was not permitted to export my project. I'm not at my regular workstation here, and going from vague memory. But what I typically have are birds/wildlife calls with a lot of environmental noise from my (H5 zoom) recorder. So I'm trying to isolate the wavelengths from the subjects, and filter out the various noise types. The supplied filters work well, but sometimes they affect the subject's frequency, so having non permanent layers, that be re-adjusted  (just like Photoshop) seems like the best workflow.

Perhaps someone can briefly describe a setup for adding filtration to clips in a layered, non-permanent workflow. I'm not sure why I could not export the completed clips, but that only seemed to occur when I used the non-destructive workflow. Please excuse the vague terms, we don't have the app at this studio,

Thanks for any help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give a link to the tutorial that you are referring to so that we can see what steps you are trying to emulate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Audition has both a destructive Waveform editor, and a non-destructive Multitrack environment.  The Waveform editor lets you work on a single file at a time and changes you apply are final when you save the file.  There are several effects and tools that are only available in Waveform view as they do not run in real-time, require in-depth analysis, or are otherwise unsuitable for a non-destructive workflow at this time.

You can work non-destructively on a single file in Multitrack view, though.  Using the clip or track Effects Rack to layer effects, adjust automation envelopes so they change over time, or cut a single recording up into multiple pieces, you can work completely non-destructively.  When you're finished, you'll then export a new audio file, using the File > Export > Multitrack Mixdown option.  You'll always be able to re-open the session and make changes later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines